Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car problem

• 22-12-2014 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi I've just started up my car today after 3 weeks lying idle, it will only reverse n forward few yards. Its like its locked.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭whizbang

Probably brakes are stuck. keep rocking forward and backwards, probably will loosen up.

or else get the tools out, there's a few days holidays coming soon;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

what kind of car is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ford by any chance?

This is usually caused by the rear drum brakes ceased due to the car not being moved for a period of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm gonna say Almera :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'm gonna say Almera :)

Not the dreaded cam position sensor fault I hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 jamesy343

Its an almera

815ac8b36ace3b3b85757c416389dd9d6a5e24b116817a78a0fb655f906448c5.jpg

Did you get sorted yet?

No nothin yet. I didn't get time to try rockin it

What do I do to fix it

• Advertisement

Does the car have alloys?

No

What I would do (and have done) would be give the wheel a whack of a lump hammer or sledge hammer. The shock usually frees up the drum. Not sure if that's best practice but that's what I've done.

In your case though the wheel seems to already be unstuck so I'd say just gently going backwards and forwards would eventually sort it.

I did go back and forth but the car goes up on one side. Well that's what it feels like. Its weird.

Sounds like just one side is stuck. If it were me is give the offending wheel a few wallops and see what happens

Il give it a go and see what happens. Thanks

I solved the problem, took wheel off and gave it few slaps of hammer. In working mode now. Sold the car within an hour.

Good result!

Advertisement