Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fault Codes - Audi A4 2005

Options
  • 13-01-2015 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Good morning all,

I have had the air bag light on a couple of times lately. Just deleted the codes really to see if it would come back again and it has. I have a cheap code reader yoke I bought on Ebay and got the following from looking up online but no idea how serious it is or what needs doing.

SRS
    01794 - Control Module: Incorrect Chassis (VIN) Number
    04801 - Can't find anything on this online

Then just scanned the engine codes even though there was nothing to suggest anything wrong and got these:
    Engine
    17055 - Cylinder 1 Glow Plug Circuit (Q10): Electrical Fault
    08096 - Can't find anything online
    17057 - Cylinder 3 Glow Plug Circuit (Q12): Electrical Fault
    17058 - Cylinder 4 Glow Plug Circuit (Q13): Electrical Fault
    19559 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157): Open or Short to Ground

Any advice greatly appreciated...will take to a mechanic but like to know what I'm dealing with first so not taken for a fool!!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The12thMan

the fix for 1 is:

SRS
    01794 - Control Module: Incorrect Chassis (VIN) Number

Order and install a new genuine airbag module from an Audi dealer, ordered specifically for your car by VIN

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sulli

any idea on cost? is it a serious issue and i presume god forbid i was in a crash they wouldnt work?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

I would scan it with VCDS before going any further.

Advertisement