Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales of the Drone

Options
  • 15-05-2015 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Just getting started with this machine, so far it looks good. I bought it from Kooltoyz who are the UK-based distributer of Walkera Drones.

I'm not sure on the Irish import tax but this thing cost an absolute fortune! Worth the coin though, just. :D

Had some issues with getting the battery charged though. Had to send the charger back, this is which charger that came with it.

Gimbal Issues were dealt with and a few test flights went ok, no bad crashes etc. Camera used is the Ilook which seems superior than the GoPro!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

MOST of the issues with Talis are people not setting them up correctly, especially when starting to fly.

Indeed experienced pilots warn that the Tali needs AT LEAST 3 minutes to self-calibrate AFTER getting the GPS signals (blue lights) to flash. If you don't do that and switch to GPS Hold you might find your Tali starts to go wild! There are some other minor issues to address about the craft but more about that later.

For now, hold your horses and watch as the white wonder lifts off...

Had to abandon this flight, winds were getting above 25 mph! I've not got the skill to dance that manually. :)

I have a new video where I DO take to the skies and the conditions were as windy, but partially sheltered too.

I keep her a bit lower than I'd like but got a good feel for riding the wind out and using the TALI's uber power to compensate with ease...

There's a new pilot in town and he's calling himself White Baron. I let him get inside the Tali and take her for a ride!

The White Baron got her back to me ok and delivered the latest footage for your perusal.

Bear in mind he had to fly with 20 mph+ gusts and it was on a hill too. :)

Ok, this flight had a persistent dog who wanted a piece of Tali, thankfully the WB kept her above and out of the way. I didn't want to be landed with a vets bill and an angry owner if the pesky pooch got hit by the blades. ;)

By this stage I had to start thinking about maint. and minor adjustments...

That is another story though.

Watch this space for updates :)

Just got this video made to assist others in taking down their craft.

Here's the reassembly video:

• Advertisement

This Drone Girl, she has a willowy vibe and her own style too.

More from Drone Girl!

Take a trip to Beachworld...

Here's the latest episode :)

It's crash time!

Got the GoPro Hero 4 Black in action!

Turn your settings up to 60FPS to appreciate the flow of flight. :)

• Advertisement

Just fiddling with the FPV goggles and getting a flight done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Nice videos - Am i allowed put my own Youtube channel up here ?

Just starting out with my DJI Phantom 3 4K :)

Advertisement