Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best mobile BB allowance/cap/€€€

Options
  • 10-04-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

What's the more sensible option right now.

Currently with 48 months at the moment.

Gives 15Gb for €15 , if u go over in the month, ur topping up 1gb at a time for €3

The 15Gb is crap, even device updates eats in to this.

Tesco was my plan, as they had 50 gb for €30. But seemed to have stopped it.

Can anyone post a link to a better deal.

The best i can think of is 2 Sims from 48, giving 30gb for 30€

I'm even only talking 3g ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Have you checked out Meteor and Three?
    I think Three do 60G for 30 or 35E.
    Meteor doing 30G for 25E.
    Just get a PAYG simcard first to check out their speeds before committing to a contract.
    Never heard of '48'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Have you checked out Meteor and Three?
    I think Three do 60G for 30 or 35E.
    Meteor doing 30G for 25E.
    Just get a PAYG simcard first to check out their speeds before committing to a contract.
    Never heard of '48'.

They're an MVNO using the Three network - http://www.48months.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    They're an MVNO using the Three network - http://www.48months.ie/

Ya, and if ur not ringing much landlines, then probably the best value packs in Ireland right now. On a great network.

Don't tell many through, as i think like Tesco they could increase fees or reduce allowance/mins

Check out the 20 a month deal, I'm on that one, wife on 10 a month, not needing as much net, i stream radio at work, hence needing the 5GB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Best of the lot in terms of value: Three's "All you can eat" data [effectively 'unlimited'] mobile phone offering for €20.

What I use. Been using 120+GB worth a month no problems with it for watching videos and gaming perfectly fine with low pings of 30ms. Have the SIM inside my Huawei 593s-22 router, through which I've used to network the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I currently have a 4G modem from 3 on a Billpay plan has been incredibly inconsistent since the O2 takeover, and seeing as they are going to increase the prices from next month, I'm not going to pay more for something I'm not getting now a lot of the time.

(Side note for anyone else in a similar situation: under EU law you can cancel without penalty if you don't accept the new charges - see this thread for more)

But, while I sort out a fixed line alternative, if I bought a 3 €20 PAYG SIM with the All You Can Eat data plan and put it into the modem, I assume it'll work fine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Yep will work 100% in a modem used it for years before I got eircom broadband I know some people who use it in a modem too without issues :)

I've just ordered one online, plan on sticking it in a dongle, tp-link 3g modem, and wifi the hse.

Currently doing this with an 48months sim card.

ok,
    so my all you can eat sim arrived.

keep in mind now, i only have an o2 mast in view, nothing else.

on the currecnt 48months sim that im using, is €15 a month for 15GB, and got DL speeds of 6-7 even 10mb, singnal strenght on the TP-Link router, 48%

whipped out the 48 sim and inserted 3 all you can eat,

first thing i noticed is the signal strenght went down to 22%. ive been testing the download speed all evening, avg id say the same as me eircom, 1.8mb,
    i tried the O2 APN, same thing
    i tried the 48months APN for the crack, same thing
    i tried the official 3 network APN, same thing.

so at all you can eat data, i dont think ill be needing it if the speed is avg 1.8mb.

the speed is one thing, but i was getting pings of 400, its so unresponsive.
    lags.

how can a mast, that has O2, now 3 (but allows 48months to piggy back) give such different services.

very disappointing.

back to 48months for me i reckon.

just tried tesco APN, same sorry.
    i wouldnt have thought other APNs could access the internet, id have assumed only 3 and o2s

just ran up stairs, threw back in the 48months sim card,

58% signal strength, with DL speed of 10mb, and up load of 2mb

Starting to think that 3 sim card is not picking up the same mast as the O2/48months sim.

It all points that way, perhaps they don't pick up the O2 masts yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement