Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

that's it...

• 19-09-2005 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys,

my picture is freezing and going all blocky these past couple of months (it's been on and off) it was livable as it only happened on mtv stations and i have no time to watch that rubbish that doesn't show music.

anyways this blocky picture and freezing has moved on to prem plus channel now and it seems anytime i want to watch a match it freezes but anytime there's not a match on it's fine.

i rang sky about this and they basically said you're outside the warranty so it's 100 odd euros to get someone to come out to have a look, installation of new parts is extra on top of the parts cost.

what's my best option here? i reckon it's either one of two things

1. the LNB is damaged and needs replacing
    2. the dish has been knock out of line.

is there any independant installers that i could try that don't charge like sky, and perhaps have it done for the next round up of prem plus games on the weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ros Man

What is the signal strength and quality like? How old is the receiver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Cremo wrote:
    is there any independant installers that i could try that don't charge like sky, and perhaps have it done for the next round up of prem plus games on the weekend?

I think you will find most independents are cheaper and more reliable than sky

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

IF it is much worse in heavy rain then it is dish /LNB alignment. Find an independant that does a lot of installs for foriegn people or Pubs, i.e. Polish, French, Turkish etc reception. They likely better at aligning than a Sky only installer doing only really new systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

I live in Nth Wicklow also. I had this problem within the last year.

I contacted Tony at satellite.ie and got one of his guys out. I didn't get any other quotes so I am not in a position to say how competitive they are, but he arrived on time, was pleasant and the problem was fixed - haven't had any problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dok71

I had the same problem, they gave me all the warble about the dish and box being mine and if they are gone then its my problem yada yada yada.

I told them that I was sick to the back teeth of them and that I wish to cancel my subscription.

They organised for an engineer visit, for free who replaced my box and all is fine now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ros Man wrote:
    What is the signal strength and quality like? How old is the receiver?

signal strength and quality are fine, i think strength is 80% where the quality is more like 70%

the box will be 2 years aprrox. in october

it is worse during rainy periods

i think i'll give this satellite.ie route a go, seems decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Charles Bronson

Signal strenght of 80% and quaility of 70 % is better then the install I received several years ago. The dish/lnb may be blowing slightly in the wind and causing signal drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

eigrod wrote:
    I live in Nth Wicklow also. I had this problem within the last year.

I contacted Tony at satellite.ie and got one of his guys out. I didn't get any other quotes so I am not in a position to say how competitive they are, but he arrived on time, was pleasant and the problem was fixed - haven't had any problems since.

Shame on you Tony, thats so blatent. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Stekelly wrote:
    Shame on you Tony, thats so blatent. :D

Was'nt me it was Nixon :D I never turn up on time

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement