Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Abroad in America for a year

Options
  • 30-01-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I'm currently a second year student in NUIM, and if all goes well academically and financially I'm looking to complete my 3rd year over in the states. I'm still in the process of trying to decide on a college, potentially Dayton, Ohio, University of Kentucky or North Carolina, Wilmington.

I'm been in touch with the international office in college, but just wondering if anyone has been to any of those colleges or done a study abroad year elsewhere in the states who can tell me about their experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

I'm in the same boat as you, in 2nd year UCC now and hoping to go to the States next year. I would say try and get in contact with anyone in 3rd or 4th year who are doing/ has done a year abroad, that'll give you the best perspective! I've spoken to numerous final years who were away last year and they're all dying to talk to people about their experiences, if you can get in contact with your international office I'm sure they will give you contact details on students who have attended those colleges you are looking at.

Advertisement