Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Us colleges

Options
  • 09-11-2014 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi just wondering how is it possible to study in the us and is it worth doing financialy and educationally??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

aidan.c25 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering how is it possible to study in the us and is it worth doing financialy and educationally??

Colleges in the US are a ridiculous price. You are looking at several hundred thousand euro of debt for a degree that you could do here for about €3k per year. TCD and UCD are among the best universities in the world. Most of the lecturers have PhDs from Ivy League colleges so the standard of education is similar to that of top Universities in the US.

It makes more sense doing an undergraduate in Ireland and then doing a masters abroad. TCD has places to study abroad in the US if you do really well in first year. You only have to pay the Irish registration fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aidan.c25

Ya thats crazy money.
    My main problem is im doing a part time course and want to do something in sports science or strenght and conditioning but no colleges will recognise this part time course im assuming and i didnt really want to spend another four years in college full time after i finish this in 2 years :/

Advertisement