Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Service

Options
  • 10-12-2007 1:29pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've an 04 A3 that needs a service and some jobs done (air mass sensor is fubar I reckon amoung other things). Last service was MSL Park Motors and my ass still hurts, I reckon they did more damage then good to the car.

Any one recomend somewhere in the greater Dublin area that are good and not extortionate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If you're on the northside Blakes Cross just north of Swords is deffo worth a look. Even if you're southside they're worth the drive. I've used them years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If you're on the northside Blakes Cross just north of Swords is deffo worth a look. Even if you're southside they're worth the drive. I've used them years.

Have you a number I cann't seem to get anything other then it being the name of the area off Google?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Why don't ya have a crack at the MAF yourself? Allegedly the way to check a faulty MAF is if the car goes better with it disconnected.
    Ebay have that sort of stuff up there all the time if you want to buy and fit yourself.
    If you are going for Genuine service Brady's have a fair reputation here.
    Foster are ok and the other MSL crowd in Dunlaoghaire wear masks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Why don't ya have a crack at the MAF yourself? Allegedly the way to check a faulty MAF is if the car goes better with it disconnected.
    Ebay have that sort of stuff up there all the time if you want to buy and fit yourself.
    If you are going for Genuine service Brady's have a fair reputation here.
    Foster are ok and the other MSL crowd in Dunlaoghaire wear masks.

Aye, the MAF is dead easy to replace, just a section that fits between the air filter fox and the intake. Takes about 2 minutes.

However disconnecting it doesnt help diagnosis on all engines, 1.9 TDI runs really rough and is pretty hard to start with it off.

Vag-Com would be what you need in this case

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

How do you know ur air mass sensor is fubar?

My climate control is nice and warm on the passenger side and fkin freezin on mine, same as yours?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

yop wrote: »
    How do you know ur air mass sensor is fubar?

My climate control is nice and warm on the passenger side and fkin freezin on mine, same as yours?

No, my MPG on the computer has gone to ****and the car dosn't feel as responsive as it used to. Sounds like you climate control is fubar or else you have dual zone like mine and the zones are set to opposite :D

I reckon they are easy enough to do like you guys say and I've seen the part on EBay alright but im ashamed to say that I don't even know where the air filter is.

One of the cables is snapped in my passanger seat as well so it dosn't slide forward and back to let back seat passangers out. MSL Park were suppposed to have fixed it but it went a couple of months after again. They damaged the plastic back of the chair as well when the forced it off... :mad: Too late to go back when I noticed.

Main thing pissing me off ATM is both my fobs are knackered. They got dropped and just stopped working. Anyone any idea about getting new ones coded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Nelly23

Hey Rev, Its a bit off topic but Im planning on gettin myself a '04-'05 A3 and was wondering how it has been going for you? Any trouble with it? Is it a petrol or diesel you have?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Rew wrote: »
    I've an 04 A3 that needs a service and some jobs done (air mass sensor is fubar I reckon amoung other things). Last service was MSL Park Motors and my ass still hurts, I reckon they did more damage then good to the car.

Any one recomend somewhere in the greater Dublin area that are good and not extortionate?

I have my 2003 A4 1.9Tdi booked into Park Motors MSL for a long life service. I thought they were good? Should I cancel? I had booked into Bradys Castleknock but when I arrived they had no record of the booking the muppets.

Advertisement