Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoopid question re use case diagram

Options
  • 10-04-2007 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭

I'm doing a quick use case model at the mo, and have a really dumb question. If i have 3 use cases, that must occur in succession (i.e. if a user wants to do use case C he has to do use case A & B first) how would i model it? Would it be like option 1 or 2? I presume it would be option 2 but i'm just not sure, based on the fact that they must run in order...

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

Definitely not option 2 anyway. Probably more like this (I'm assuming that this is not homework admin.). I'm assuming that options a, b and c all have exit results that are independent of each other or can be the same:

[IMG]file://C:\Documents and Settings\IT Dept\Desktop\untitled.jpg[/IMG]

The user can complete either action a or b independently but action c depends on completing a and b.

-RD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Definitely not option 2 anyway. Probably more like this (I'm assuming that this is not homework admin.). I'm assuming that options a, b and c all have exit results that are independent of each other or can be the same:

[IMG]file://C:\Documents and Settings\IT Dept\Desktop\untitled.jpg[/IMG]

The user can complete either action a or b independently but action c depends on completing a and b.

-RD

em? No its def. not homework, doing a small project myself... Plus i'd like to know for future reference... You wouldn't post pic again would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Option 1 (Or do a sequence diagram).

Option 2 would be used mostly for showing what functions the user has available to them.

Advertisement