Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick one: dbcombo in VB6 SP6?

Options
  • 12-04-2007 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

I have a downloaded example program that uses a dbcombo box
    when I open the form with this control I get an error and the control is displayed as a grey image.
    obviously my current version of VB IDE does not supprt this.

can someone tell me will SP6 fix my problem??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Sounds like the ocx isn't registered. Find out what it's called and where ever it is and register it using regsvr32.exe which is in the System32 folder but I think its in the path by default.

So if the ocx is called dbcombo.ocx and is in the C:\Windows\system32 directory at the command prompt type: regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\system32\dbcombo.ocx

But to answer your question: I'd imagine the latest service pack should sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

well that file appears to be m,issing in action, will do a quick search for it and then chat my sys admin if no luck

Thanks! :D

Advertisement