Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparently this is a "Grace Kelly style" dress???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭redappple

amdublin wrote: »
    Yeah I never said that she called it a Grace Kelly style dress. I only quoted the article.

Oh ya I know that!!! Hope it didn't come across that way no harm meant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

mrsbyrne wrote: »

Stunning, timeless, classy, beautiful! Love it!

My classiest brides include Mrs Bridget Wilson (Pete Sampras 1999) in this Vera Wang
    http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/pete-sampras-bridgette-wilson-wedding/

My classiest brides include Mrs Bridget Wilson (Pete Sampras 1999) in this Vera Wang
    http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/pete-sampras-bridgette-wilson-wedding/

Very very nice - quite subtly sexy. Tiny bit too simple for me but that's part of it's charm also!

• Advertisement

Wow that is essentially the exact type of dress I would like!!!

redappple wrote: »
    Very very nice - quite subtly sexy. Tiny bit too simple for me but that's part of it's charm also!

Its a bit plain but she is so beautiful she doesn't need any props !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

I really dislike lace so am not keen on either Grace Kelly's nor Kate Middleton's dress.

redappple wrote: »
    Wow that is essentially the exact type of dress I would like!!!

You've great taste that pic is 20 years old nearly but it could be last month! Of course neither of these brides ever eat /ate anything so no lumps or bumps!

• Advertisement

I really dislike lace so am not keen on either Grace Kelly's nor Kate Middleton's dress.

I thought the lace suited both of them, but it suits very few.

I thought the lace suited both of them, but it suits very few.

Oh, it does suit them both, I just have an extreme aversion to lace, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

My favourite wedding dress sleeves were those on the gown of Princess Mary of Denmark, which were designed to wrap around her arms like a lily.

I'm not mad about the way she wore her heirloom veil though. I think it looks much better worn flat, unlike Kate Middleton's which I thought could have used a little extra volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yeah - I love lace, just not on me! Adds METRES to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

My fave bridal look of all time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Yes, that dress is most defo not a Grace Kelly-style dress. It's a standard wedding dress as far as I can see. More than likely the author didn't know what a Grace Kelly-style dress looks like, but had heard the term before and just assumed it meant stylish and elegant, and may have wanted to convey that in their article.

I am the same, I don't generally like lace dresses. I think Grace Kelly's and Kate Middleton's dresses were a lovely classics, but wouldn't be for me. I don't like Grace Kelly's bell-like skirt either. I think the flow of Kate's dress was nicer but the figure hugging top half didn't flatter her small bosom, Grace's top half of the dress did more for her.

My three favourite celebrity dresses:

1. Liz Taylor's long sleeve and off the shoulder satin... (from http://imgarcade.com/1/elizabeth-taylor-wedding-dresses/)

Elizabethtaylorweddingdress.jpg

2. Audrey Hepburn's in Funny Face (although it's not a real wedding, it would've been my ideal dress if I had found it)

audrey_hepburn_in_funny_face_wedding_dress.jpg

3. Jackie Kennedy's dress (although it's a little fussy with the details, it's very well fitted and I love the short little sleeves and open neckline)

o-JACKIE-KENNEDY-WEDDING-DRESS-570.jpg?5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

sunbeam wrote: »
    My favourite wedding dress sleeves were those on the gown of Princess Mary of Denmark, which were designed to wrap around her arms like a lily.

I'm not mad about the way she wore her heirloom veil though. I think it looks much better worn flat, unlike Kate Middleton's which I thought could have used a little extra volume.

I like the top half of the dress with the sleeves, don't like the apron-like front on it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

No I'm not mad about the bottom half either. I think it was really of its time. Remember all those skirts from 10 years ago with sort of draped frills running down them?

I really love Jackie Kennedy's dress too. Apparently she wanted something much simpler as she thought it made her look like a lampshade, but was talked into it!

Gatica wrote: »
    I am the same, I don't generally like lace dresses. I think Grace Kelly's and Kate Middleton's dresses were a lovely classics, but wouldn't be for me. I don't like Grace Kelly's bell-like skirt either. I think the flow of Kate's dress was nicer but the figure hugging top half didn't flatter her small bosom, Grace's top half of the dress did more for her.

I much preferred Pippa Middleton's BM dress to Kate's wedding dress. I love simplicity and clean lines. I think it would be a lovely style of wedding dress, though the style would be quite unforgiving so one would need to have a bitchin' figure to wear it! :p

I think Audrey Hepburn's Funny Face dress was a really unflattering length, made her legs look stumpy.

Advertisement