Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitch Plays Pokemon

Options
  • 20-02-2014 4:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭

Not sure if people have spotted this, but there's a livestream on Twitch right now where a game of Pokemon Red is being controlled by Twitch viewers.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Democracy VS Anarchy...I'm fairly surprised they've gotten this far to be honest, was pretty sure they'd never make it out of Pallet Town but they're currently around Celadon City as far as I can see! Very interesting experiment going on, give it a watch. I'm for democracy myelf ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Being talked about in the general thread now. It was in the Silph building earlier but it was on Anarchy which is just annoying so I only watched for a minute.

Amazing they made it so far. Thought Mount Moon would be the end, then SS Anne, then Rock Tunnel but they just keep going. Safari Zone wont be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Being talked about in the general thread now. It was in the Silph building earlier but it was on Anarchy which is just annoying so I only watched for a minute.

Amazing they made it so far. Thought Mount Moon would be the end, then SS Anne, then Rock Tunnel but they just keep going. Safari Zone wont be easy.

The thing that makes it work is the Democracy mode, means it isn't all chaos and they can get the tougher parts done. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Christ, the Safari Zone is beyond a joke. Just check back every six hours to see how it's going...

Urizen wrote: »
    Christ, the Safari Zone is beyond a joke. Just check back every six hours to see how it's going...

They back in it? Were on Cinnabar Island last time I checked in.

Yeah, they were trapped in a Rest House for a while there :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Nah, safari zone was done a few days ago. Went surprisingly well. Few digs and walked straight out after paying but managed to get through it with 115/500 steps left.

I was watching it literally 2 minutes before I posted, they were trapped in what looked like a Rest House. Unless it was part of Silph or Pokémon Mansion, maybe?

EDIT: Must've been the Mansion, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Every morning I wake up and the first thing I do is check to see have they accidentally released anyone overnight. I'd be devestated if anything happened to Bird Jesus at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Can't believe how well it's gone, considering. Will need some serious grinding to take on E4 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

They were stuck forever in the mansion because an NPC trapped them in a corner. Even in Democracy people couldn't use the menu properly because they didn't account for lag...

• Advertisement

They have all the badges so now it's on to Victory Road. But Route 22 has one of the longest ledges in the game, it's going to be hell just getting to the Victory Road entrance

pjmE7oK.gif

Just realised, if/when they black out, they'll have to do it again!

What happened? Back at Cinnabar Island again?

Guessing 255 hours is the max time the games were able for back then? I usually restarted before getting that much time.

I think they're trying to level grind.

Yeah, the idea is that Cinnabar mansion is ideal grinding for the Surfers (Omanyte, Lapras, Nidoking), who are a bit low-levelled for Victory Road.

I really hope that the plan to get Gastly doesn't happen, I don't see what he could add to the team and it's a bit of a trek.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The current team:
    F5NA7RK.png

The fallen heroes:
    dvoqygH.png

They've made it to the Elite Four. Just seen them sweep Lorelai with Zapdos

Can't believe how strong Omastar is for his level. Took a Thunderpunch from Hitmonchan no bother and KO'd it with two water guns.

Nidoking just did in Bruno!

• Advertisement

Made it to Agatha's second Gengar. No clue how they made it that far to begin with.

Think this is when you really need democracy.

Lance has been beaten. All that remains is Blue, but they only have a lv 37 Venomoth left. It'll be a miracle.

Missed it but:

YysPqFJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Level 81? That's huge! Fair play to them though. I'll look forward to seeing some highlight videos when they start doing the rounds on youtube.

Zapdos was wrecking the Elite Four when I was watching last night. Bruno was the only exception.

New game starting tomorrow. The assumption is Gen II but that's not a guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just watched the video of the final battle. Very entertaining indeed. Fantastic stuff. I really enjoyed reading all the comments along the side of the screen as the the battle got closer to the end. You could feel the excitment.

Crystal started at midday.

Every hour it switches to Democracy until Anarchy wins a vote to switch back. Its a good solution because some parts will almost definitely need democracy.

I'm pretty sure the Elite Four was a fluke. 3 hours into Crystal and they are still stuck on the first route! Expected them to be in the first gym town by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Great, another two-three weeks of this TPP ****e all over Facebook and Reddit...

• Advertisement

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Great, another two-three weeks of this TPP ****e all over Facebook and Reddit...

You must hate fun :P

2/3 weeks is optimistic. Three hours in and they havent even made it past the first route yet. Blacked out four times already.

Advertisement