Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop prices rising?

Options
  • 24-01-2014 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking for a laptop for my old man and I can't help but notice the specs are getting worse and the price is going up in recent years.

About 2.5 years ago I was looking for one for my mother. She end up getting an HP (i3 2330m, 2 gig ram, 15" screen, 136x768) in a bricks and mortar shop for approx €450.

I've been searching around expecting to find something similar for around €400, however all I can find are laptops with substantially worse stats than the one above. The CPU's are dog**** compared to the almost 3 year old 2330m.

This seems to be the best value I can find around.

Anyone know what gives? Are intel robbing people or is it the manufacturers?

P.S. If any of yis have any nice deals bookmarked I'd be very grateful for a link.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement