Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good quality, low cost Art/Poster/Picture Frame suppliers?

• 01-03-2010 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for options on good quality Wooden/Aluminium and snap-on frames to frame photo's, paintings, posters etc.. The options I've gathered so far (from this forum) are as follows;
    1. IKEA
    2. Tesco's (Selected stores have frames available)
    3. ixpo: Retail and exhibition displays
    4. Woodies
    5. Atlantic Homecare
    6. B&Q
    7. Dunnes Stores
    8. Roches Stores
    9. Debenhams
    10. Habitat
    11. Central Picture Framing in Capel Street Dublin 1
    12. Sisslings Mouldings down in Stillorgan
    13. photoframes
    14. A pound shop in town Jessica's on Oliver Plunkett street next to the chocolate shop, Butlers

Anyone anything to add in order to help me get the best variety, quality frames at the lowest price (I won't be buying in bulk).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭ivorystraws

I'm looking for frames from size A2 uoto A0 along with the respective pricing. I've checked golden pages but there's over 140 framing shops.

Is this thread in the correct area within this forum? Is there a better area that would get a better response as it seems reletively hopeless at this stage although I can't find a sticky on Picture Framing supplies specifically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

ivorystraws - I'm afraid you will need to be patient. The Arts and Crafts forum I think is the correct location for your post and request. However, it seems that nobody has had the magic answer for you as of yet. Hang in there and someone may be able to help you shortly.

What I may suggest, is you find out the cost of framing the items yourself; purchasing the raw materials would work out a lot cheaper.

For frame sizes A2 to A0 you are looking at rather expensive frames, so perhaps home making could be worth your while. Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Damomayo

Have the same question myself so i'll piggyback here.... :)
    Regarding making it at home where can you get glass/plastic for frame

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭zacmorris

anyone have any idea of cost to frame a 18 X 14 inch portrait!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Hi,

I'm looking for options on good quality Wooden/Aluminium and snap-on frames to frame photo's, paintings, posters etc.. The options I've gathered so far (from this forum) are as follows;
    1. IKEA
    2. Tesco's (Selected stores have frames available)
    3. ixpo: Retail and exhibition displays
    4. Woodies
    5. Atlantic Homecare
    6. B&Q
    7. Dunnes Stores
    8. Roches Stores
    9. Debenhams
    10. Habitat
    11. Central Picture Framing in Capel Street Dublin 1
    12. Sisslings Mouldings down in Stillorgan
    13. photoframes
    14. A pound shop in town Jessica's on Oliver Plunkett street next to the chocolate shop, Butlers

Anyone anything to add in order to help me get the best variety, quality frames at the lowest price (I won't be buying in bulk).

Thanks.

Glenwood Mouldings in Wicklow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

apart from making real custom frames, i have some quite reasonable suppliers for readymade frames

give me a shout if i can help

Oh btw

sissilings dont exsist anymore they went out of business a good while ago now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Barney Stinson

I need a custom framing job done on a poster 'cos it's a weird size. Does anyone know if these guys are any good? (They're based in Rathcoole).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

yes they are good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lawrence Kenny

Yeah I had a massive poster framed in Inniscara out in Rathcoole. It's hard to compare the price because I couldn't find any ready made frames near as big but it was a quality job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cns1

Hi

I'd some framing, dry mounting jobs I'd been putting off for ages as I didn't know how to go about getting them done. Further to the advice given on this thread, I visited the Inniscara Gallery in Rathcool. I had two posters dry mounted (one circa 4.5x 1.5 foot and another smaller model) as well as two much smaller prints which also had to have bespoke frames (due to their size). I'm very happy with the results and found them to be very reasonable on price.

Thanks for sharing the advice !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

I just picked up two pictures I had framed over in Appletons in Stillorgan. Not far from the shopping centre. Very, very happy with the results. They weren't cheap but they look great. In fact, they are showing up the crappy frames I have on other picture I have hanging on the wall.

As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for !

Advertisement