Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

tara2201 wrote: »
    OK, well as I've said before I've had issues with them. Not going down that road again - just gonna forget about doing surveys with them. It's all very fine and well saying phone and/or email them - I've done that, but the results are as I've already stated. Also, what's with the "thank you for your interest in this survey" nonsense with them - it's just another way of saying 'you've been thrown out' IMO!!!

Tara2201, nobody else here, including me, seems to be having the issues you are experiencing.
    There must be something unique to you that's causing this. Whether that's inconsistencies in your answers or a conflict between your profile and your answers, nobody can answer that here.
    I can assure you that they are not a scam as you have accused them of being.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I'm really liking 'ask me pay me' lately - get a fair few off them recently. Individually, they're only worth tuppence, but it all adds up eventually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I'm really liking 'ask me pay me' lately - get a fair few off them recently. Individually, they're only worth tuppence, but it all adds up eventually :)

I haven't tried them - I'll sign up.

I got €10 Tesco voucher from IO today, giving me a total of €40 from them,.€30 allgifts.ie voucher from Acumen. I have €20 with RedC (slowest earner) and 640 points away from €20 with Ideas Panel (very slow earner)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

what is that?

Cal04 wrote: »
    what is that?

http://www.askmepayme.ie

Another survey panel.

They have an app also, if people find it easier using a tablet (I have not tried the app on a phone, so unsure of compatibility).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I get a tenner every couple of months from it - I go for a boots voucher. You are never going to make serious money out of it! To be honest I love surveys and would be doing them for free - the more the merrier. I get emailed several per day. You typically have to click into the survey very shortly after getting the email though, or you get a notice that it is closed due to having reached the maximum number of participants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 TinaW

tara2201 wrote: »
    OK, well as I've said before I've had issues with them. Not going down that road again - just gonna forget about doing surveys with them. It's all very fine and well saying phone and/or email them - I've done that, but the results are as I've already stated. Also, what's with the "thank you for your interest in this survey" nonsense with them - it's just another way of saying 'you've been thrown out' IMO!!!

I've had the same problem with them with one particular survey which I get every so often. Refuse to do that one now because I always got told it was because my answers were inconsistent. I emailed them about it and they told me it was because I had "rushed" through the survey..... Next time I did that survey I went slowly, and it still said it was inconsistent. Emailed them again and got a BS excuse for it. I was extremely careful filling in that survey the second time around but anyway..... It's only that particular survey that causes me trouble but it does happen

Just checked the shopandscan rewards catalogue and it appears they're no longer offering Amazon rewards :(

At least I think they used to carry Amazon rewards.... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was hoping to cash out soon for one, oh well :/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They did, at a very good exchange rate - think it was 1100 for a tenner sterling on amazon. Amazon must not be offering as good bulk deals anymore if every site is dropping them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Definitely gone - the graphics on the website showing options is outdated as hell because it has Waterstones, Marriott Hotels, Screenclick (gone bust) and Dixons (just gone) on it.

One4All at 1620 for 1500 is the most flexible thing left now.

• Advertisement

Ah that's a shame - I find amazon the handiest as I can load it onto my account for when I need something.

Yep, looks like One4All is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

:angel: Oh look! A beverage survey from IO! I'll just click this button here.....

Aww. It screened out. Oh well....

$$$$$$$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tara2201

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Tara2201, nobody else here, including me, seems to be having the issues you are experiencing.
    There must be something unique to you that's causing this. Whether that's inconsistencies in your answers or a conflict between your profile and your answers, nobody can answer that here.
    I can assure you that they are not a scam as you have accused them of being.

Well, I have checked and double checked my profile, and all the info is 100% accurate. here are NO inconsistencies in my answers as I am always honest, therefore cannot be caught in a lie! On 1 occassion, I think I may have accidentally hit a wrong answer inadvertently, and was kicked out (ok, fair enough), but was extra extra careful after that but am still getting the same nonsense. Also, where a company refuses to answer emails, and hangs up the phone when contacted to query what has been going on, then I think I am quite entitled to call it a scam!! As for other people's experiences on here, I cannot and do not speak for anybody except myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tara2201

TinaW wrote: »
    I've had the same problem with them with one particular survey which I get every so often. Refuse to do that one now because I always got told it was because my answers were inconsistent. I emailed them about it and they told me it was because I had "rushed" through the survey..... Next time I did that survey I went slowly, and it still said it was inconsistent. Emailed them again and got a BS excuse for it. I was extremely careful filling in that survey the second time around but anyway..... It's only that particular survey that causes me trouble but it does happen

IT'S JUST ANOTHER WAY OF KICKING YOU OUT OF THE SURVEY ONCE THEY HAVE THE INFO/DATA THEY NEED, AND AVOID CREDITING YOU WHATEVER PAYMENT WAS PROMISED!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Just checked the shopandscan rewards catalogue and it appears they're no longer offering Amazon rewards :(

At least I think they used to carry Amazon rewards.... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was hoping to cash out soon for one, oh well :/
    Bollocks :(

Not sure I'll have the interest to keep it up if they're gone for good

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I read on the facebook page Amazon vouchers will be back

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

I know shop and scan is slow apart from bonuses etc but what would you be talking on average?

Would you make €10 per month?

About that. The monthly rate depends on when you got accepted - I get 6. There's usually 36 a year in bonus payments - birthday, anniversary of signup and Christmas I think and maybe another 10-15 in surveys. The surveys pay very, very well for the time and you can't screen out.

You may get specific surveys due to buying items but you'll never know this in advance. It'd distort the stats if they told people

L1011 wrote: »
    About that. The monthly rate depends on when you got accepted - I get 6. There's usually 36 a year in bonus payments - birthday, anniversary of signup and Christmas I think and maybe another 10-15 in surveys. The surveys pay very, very well for the time and you can't screen out.

You may get specific surveys due to buying items but you'll never know this in advance. It'd distort the stats if they told people

Cheers for that, seems worth it so, what can you cash out in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Cork2015! wrote: »
    Cheers for that, seems worth it so, what can you cash out in?
    Hotel vouchers, Woodies, One 4 All, Brown Thomas, Book vouchers, Argos, Currys, Debanhams, Halfords, New Look, Boots and Arcadia

They usually have Amazon vouchers too, which is missing atm but will apparently be available again in a few days

Plus the option to donate to various charities instead

• Advertisement

Most things are at point = cent; but one4all have a processing charge so its 1620 points for €15 and Amazon vouchers have for ages been 1100 points for £10 Sterling which is currently a saving of ~50 points but has been much much better in the past - up to €12.50 of value for 1100 points. They may not keep this when they're back, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I haven't tried them - I'll sign up.

I got €10 Tesco voucher from IO today, giving me a total of €40 from them,.€30 allgifts.ie voucher from Acumen. I have €20 with RedC (slowest earner) and 640 points away from €20 with Ideas Panel (very slow earner)
    Just cashed in another €10 Tesco voucher from IO, so i have €50 Tesco vouchers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Tried opening the Michael Conlan full fight video that was posted by RTE today on Facebook. It opened and a pop up from 'Userneeds' appeared. Answer a 2 minute survey in relation to your opinion on their website to be in with a chance to win a gift card.
    Anyways, filled it in and joined Userneeds. Seems to be a survey site allowing you to accumulate gift cards via AllGifts.ie or enter into quarterly draws to win money, prizes etc.
    Anyone on this?

Westeros wrote: »
    Tried opening the Michael Conlan full fight video that was posted by RTE today on Facebook. It opened and a pop up from 'Userneeds' appeared. Answer a 2 minute survey in relation to your opinion on their website to be in with a chance to win a gift card.
    Anyways, filled it in and joined Userneeds. Seems to be a survey site allowing you to accumulate gift cards via AllGifts.ie or enter into quarterly draws to win money, prizes etc.
    Anyone on this?

I joined this last week, received two survey emails so far, will see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

any idea who sends an email with a voucher to redeem your points, think that I got an email last week and I deleted it by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Cal04 wrote: »
    any idea who sends an email with a voucher to redeem your points, think that I got an email last week and I deleted it by accident.

Acumen do anyway, via allgifts.ie.
    Will it not still be in your deleted items folder thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Westeros wrote: »
    Anyone on this?

Userneeds are useless. You need too many points to cash out. Also, there scratch card thing is a scam, never won anything on it (you can choose to take a scratch card or save your points after the end of surveys).

I have never got close to cashing out with them.

Monife wrote: »
    Userneeds are useless. You need too many points to cash out. Also, there scratch card thing is a scam, never won anything on it (you can choose to take a scratch card or save your points after the end of surveys).

You can cash out at a tenner. Surveys are rare enough and not the best payers but as its also Allgifts it can be handy if Acumen is also slow on surveys

Monife wrote: »

Might just be a fluke but my partner signed up at same time as me, we got (i think) 80 points for signing up/starting... I saved my points and he got scratchcard and won 20euro worth of points.
    But might be a complete fluke as I know these things don't normally work like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 abda1st

I have been with Irish opionons 4 weeks now , I have just over 35eur
    I wish i could get more Daily Surveys , But i am content with what i
    am recieve ing , I am hoping that I will withdraw just B4 Christmas
    next and i will sort everything out then.

Advertisement