Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just watching quickybabys video on the historical battles now, looks great.

will have to buyback my hellcat now! and im halfway from tiger(p) to ferdi, will have to unlock that fast now too...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

preliminary patch notes are out:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/03/13/9-0-preliminary-patch-notes/

- new vehicles: Panzer IV Ausf.A (tier 3), Panzer IV Ausf.D (tier 4), StuG III Ausf.B (tier 4)
    - fixed maps: Malinovka, Serene Coast, Steppes, Redshire, Mountain Pass
    - added historical battles
    - removed the “confrontation” mode
    - added new window of graphic settings
    - added the dynamic resulution option (reduction of game resolution while keeping the UI resolution the same)
    - added the possibility to manually set your FOV in settings
    - added the option to set the “power” (intensity) of color filters
    - added turrets being ripped off after ammo rack explosion
    - reworked tank exhausts (smoke) effect
    - added the keyboard language indicator on the login screen
    - added new awards (medals) for team battles: “Recon by combat”, “God of War”, “For the Will to Win”, “Decisive Shot”, “For Tactical Operations”
    - fixed some bugs and added improvements in the “Vehicles” section of the Achievement window
    - reworked the “Statistics” section in the Achievements window
    - changed the wording of the Steel Wall award
    - Light Tank Mk.VIc and T7 CC buffed
    - term “potential damage” changed into “damage blocked by your armor”
    - fixed bugs in the way voiceover works
    - fixed the bug where the aim circle was displayed incorrectly in replays
    - fixed the bug where artillery shells fell outside of the aiming circle in arty mode
    - fixed the bug where artillery shells exploded in mid-air
    - fixed freezing of the account when quitting the game

confrontation mode is gone?!

had some awful lsoes, but some great wins, 82% anyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

good riddance to confrontation .... I hope that this new mode does not give battles with one side having 14 hellcats and the other side having a mix.

Anyone know whats the eta for this patch?

Also what does it change min GPU for the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

BigEejit wrote: »
    good riddance to confrontation .... I hope that this new mode does not give battles with one side having 14 hellcats and the other side having a mix.

Anyone know whats the eta for this patch?

Also what does it change min GPU for the game?

It's only in supertest at the moment, so give it a couple of weeks there and then a couple of weeks on public test before release. That's assuming everything goes smoothly and they don't have to do major changes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The CT release is today at around 1400 UTC.

Jingles has a good video up, showing the graphic update, and the changes in historical mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

The Tiger 1 hd looks amazing

"Patch 9.0 is getting released on 15.4.2014 (next Tuesday). This has been confirmed by Wargaming."

Coming from the FTR blog.

Historical Battles, what do we think?
    I've had 3 battles myself, won all 3. Played in Pz. IV, Sherman and SU-152. The SU-152 battle was 15vs15, I wasn't expecting that. I think it's a nice mode, the maps are a bit limited so it might get a bit boring.

My Tiger and Panther look awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Decided to reinstall it this week and give it a go again. Quite fortunate to get right on a patch to. :p

Got myself 20eu paypal deal with 1 month premium. Had good few games. It reallyl ooks a lot better now and I am not just talking about 9.0 as I had a few games before 9.0 on Monday/Tuesday.

I am still extremely terrible and this game and I dont have much Tanks. Not a single one premium too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Performance is f'cking worse. Doesnt matter what settings or core affinity tweaks some maps struggle to make 50fps, others average 25! CPU isnt loaded, GPU isnt loaded, rakes of ram left over. So annoying as I really like the game.

Ultrabook really doesnt like the update either, might have to stop playing on that all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Crashing like hell now... :cool:

had a few quick games, spent a few mins setting up my xvm.. looks good, tried historical battle in kv1s, sat in queue for 5 minsd before quitting and having a regular game...

have to get my scope mod, gnomefathers engines mod and gnomefathers gun mod tonight... couldnt live with the stock sounds after using his mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm... I have it fully maxed out and even Vsync on and its smooth as butter. Looks fasntastic, runs fantastic, never crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Polar101

Running on high (with low shadows) seems to give me a steady ~45 fps. The new sounds are very nice I think. To be honest I couldn't tell a HD tank model from another..

Advertisement