Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie player roster

Options
  • 09-01-2014 8:54pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having seen 2 threads locked recently (I missed the verbal tirade in the first one) I thought would it be an idea to list boards.ie members who still play WoT.

Simply to allow boards.ie members to be friends ingame if not to actually have a clan.

Looking at some of the clans in WoT they have Tier minimums and expectations of play sessions. Personally I have a very irregular play schedule and joined a UK based clan that has very loose membership rules. In addition I have only got my hands on a couple of Tier 6 machines quite recently. (Hellcat and JagPanzer IV) I will really need to get my credit pile back up in order to get myself some more Tier 5/6's.
    I have platooned up a few times and enjoyed it. TS really allows decent co-operation and (in my case) advice to be received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

There's a list in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75944289

It's a bit dated but it might help find some players posting in this section by their in-game names.

My own is Aenaes, feel free to drop me an invite and I'll join (platoon, team battle or company) if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VikingG

mine is GreenViking

not a member of any platoon or clan... but if there are any suggestions

A platoon doesn't require membership like a clan does. A platoon is just 2 or 3 players playing battles together. Someone creates the platoon, sends out invites and people join and leave as they want. Having 3 decent players and some communication increases your chances to win and, in my opinion, is the best way to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

new baby means i dont get to play too regularly at the moment, should change soon enough!

but would like to play with a few people.

loose clan based or whatever.

copeyhagen in game name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I am arghffs in game, and also like platooning up. As mentioned, having a good platoon makes the game a lot more fun to play, and if you are doing it right it will increase your win rate!

I get very busy with work fairly often and might not even log into the game for a few days so left the cry2 clan because of it. A more relaxed and not clan wars focused clan would be just the ticket for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Paddygolightly in game , platoon anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 22 micheal1995

micheal1995 in college so play a bit most days over the winter i have up to tier 8 add away

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CHorn

hornirl on NA
    RUSeax on EU

Mostly play on NA though, happy to platoon though you may regret it, and as long as I'm not dashing for x2s++...

CHorn wrote: »
    hornirl on NA
    RUSeax on EU

Mostly play on NA though, happy to platoon though you may regret it, and as long as I'm not dashing for x2s++...

Do you find there's actually a difference playing on NA as regards teams etc. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Might be of interest to a few people: http://cry-havoc.co.uk/

Some boardsies are part of this clan and some are ex-members. We're restructuring Cry3 at the moment to form two clans, one for people whose aim is to get into tanks for clan wars and one for people who just want to play casually and can't commit to a schedule like one that clan wars would require. Either of these might appeal to some people who are interested in joining a clan but don't have the tanks for clanwars or who (like me) couldn't commit to playing on those hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CHorn

Aenaes wrote: »
    Do you find there's actually a difference playing on NA as regards teams etc. ?
    Hmm, tough Q.

I play on NA because I used to live there and have net buddies there who play only on the NA server. I have relatives/friends over here in Europe generally who I sometimes play with.

Last year, specials were it seemed to me definitely better on the EU server (maybe RU too and SEA as new but I don't play on either). Recently there seems to have been a shift to standardize specials, so I expect I'll be playing more on NA, where I now have 125 AFVs (I never sell tanks, and crews remain with the same AFV).

Teams. EU can suffer from language problems, I mean trying to tell an Albanian as your last man standing he needs to head for the big red circle can be trying. NA players seem to have better comms and IT generally- broadband speed, VoiP, machines, peripherals, they just seem better kitted out, or at least the high end. I guess more $s on NA, and some of them I personally know spend a lot on WoT, whereas I'd be a Silverland kind of guy.

I'm by no means a good player myself, but I think I recognize one when I see one in action. Top players IME tend to be US, UK and central European, particularly the Poles, who when it comes to playing anything WWII-ish and a chance to fantasize about different outcomes naturally given their history seem to occupy a spot all their own. Maybe this is a #s thing, since there's more interest in WWII from these countries as participants, therefore more players, ergo statistically more better players from them.

This is just my 0.02 on this- I'd be interested in those of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 awgz

In game name is also awgz, I'm only up to tier 6 but I'm currently playing ~3hours a day so add me. Up for tier 5/6 platoon all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Spammed a few of ye there, go by the terrible name of LanceCommander.

Advertisement