Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mitsubishi Pajero losing power

Options
  • 09-04-2014 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there,

I have a 02 pajero 2.5, its main job is to pull a horse box and the odd time do some running around. It would only generally tow at weekends and not every weekend! This jeep isn't in my opinion put under too much hardship. I have it just over 3 years and in the beginning things were great now though towing in it is a nightmare! Whether I'm on a back road or a motorway a orange engine light comes on and the jeep just loses power, i can continue in second gear at 30kmh whilst the revs are high, generally if i pull over, turn it off and on it will be grand and power is back to normal. Some journeys it won't lose power at all, yesterday on what should have been a hours journey it did it 7 times!! Now i have brought the jeep to my own mechanic who then sent it on to mitsubishi garage........they charged an astronomical amount and it was fine for a short period after and now the problem is back. I do not have thousands more euro to spend trying to find the problem so please any suggestions greatly welcome!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What did they tell you was wrong with it in the Mitsi garage that they repaired?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jen7501

They changed sensors on the gearbox, the c/d light always flashes orange the wheels never seem to lock according to the dash. They said this was the problem! Now the c/d light can still sometimes flash, whether the jeep is in 2wd or 4wd, it doesn't matter whether I'm pulling box or not and can lose power sometimes without the box

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

That orange light would have nothing to do with the power loss, that is only telling you one of the shift selector sensors in the transfer box is acting up, common problem with the pajero, mine does it all the time. If you are near dublin I can recommend a good jeep mechanic, he is located near the sugar loaf. Ive used him for years and is very reasonably priced and knows jeeps

Advertisement