Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CAP 1 Exams

• 02-04-2014 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I did not get 50 or over in one of my subjects with my accountancy degree. My only option is do the subject again at professional level (sit CAP 1 exam).

I am just wondering is it worth going through CAP1 exams? since I have always heard they have a reputation of being hard.

Has anyone gone through CAP 1 exams before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

mxph3 wrote: »
    Hi,

I did not get 50 or over in one of my subjects with my accountancy degree. My only option is do the subject again at professional level (sit CAP 1 exam).

I am just wondering is it worth going through CAP1 exams? since I have always heard they have a reputation of being hard.

Has anyone gone through CAP 1 exams before?

I think you could sit it externally, worth giving them an email about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

That's what I am planning to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

ACCA often doesn't require 50% for exemption purposes so you might want to try that road instead of aca

An other option might be to see if you could study that class externally in your college. ACA doesn't require that you get the 50% mark on your first sit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

True, but ACCA's pass rate does not look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ChartAccount

Hi

Hav u got Cap 1finance notes, not from cai but any others like CGS.

Also do you have CGS audit and tax notes???

Please and thanks!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement