Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songwriting

Options
  • 09-08-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

In my opinion songwriting has to have strong emotions eg: in love, happy, sad or heartbroken
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Kind of disagree. Yeah, some songs can be moving lyrically, but sometimes a banging tune is all you need. Look at, for example, Radio Free Europe, or Harbourcoat by REM. Both fantastic songs, the lyrics are practically intelligible. Many more examples too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jay b

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

EPGC3A2 wrote: »
    In my opinion songwriting has to have strong emotions eg: in love, happy, sad or heartbroken

Ever heard a Monty Python song?

Also, heartbroken is the only 'strong' emotion in your list. 'In love' is a state, which may comprise a variety of emotional responses. 'Happy' and 'sad' aren't particularly strong by implication. You'd need to add modifying adjectives; very, extremely, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jay b

I guess this is satire tho , little different

Advertisement