Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop built in mouse...windows8

Options
  • 22-01-2014 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

not sure what it's really called :-)

Is it possible to de-sensitise it so that it only works when you actually touch it? come anywhere near it with your other hand and windows 8 goes bananas (technical term :-) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PCMick

Hi,

It is possible to decrease the sensitivity of your touch pad mouse.
    Please click the link below and follow the steps.

https://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD3101Z30000R01.htm

If this does not fix the problem, it is not the problem.
    Would recommend bringing it back to place of purchase as the touch pad should only work when touching and moving your finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,648 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Manufacturers differ. Most brands and models have a fn key for turning the pad on and off, and some models even have smart sensing in the driver: when the keyboard is in active use the trackpad sleeps, then returns to use if you stop typing after 1 or 2 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Just what I was looking for...I disabled the multi finger function...I'll see how it goes...thanks a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Update..that advice was spot on. For the amateur user, the laptop is much more usable now without the multi-finger function. Thanks a lot again

Now all I need to do is stop hitting the cap lock instead of A and learn to spell and I'll be grand

Advertisement