Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying advice for 14' laptop

Options
  • 18-01-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I am looking to buy a 14inch laptop ( 15.6 is too heavy and i find 13 too small for typing ). I want the following:

1: 14 inch - hi res. display i.e 1400x900 or more
    2:Core i5, min 4gb of ram, not too pushed about gfx card, and would prefer one of those ssd/hdd combos for fast boot up.
    3: a good keyboard, i am used to my HP pavilion and really like it.
    4: preferably an attractive design.

My budget is around €900. I know its asking a lot, but does anyone have any advice, or maybe is it best to wait a few months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cdarcy2014

Looking for around the same myself, plenty of laptops with i5, 4-8 gigs and around the 5-6 hundred mark, as soon as you want a decent hd screen you're talking 900 minimum

I'm looking at the

sony vaio pro
    lenovo yoga
    acer s7
    asus ux301la

think the sony can be got for around 900, the others are over 1K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

saw the sony pro too, word of advice i bought the sony vaio fit 14, wifi didnt work, repaced it same issue very poor build quality for thw wifi and the keyboard was very light to the touch.
    But the pro seems different

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

Gigabyte P34g if you can stretch your budget. Failing that, Clevo W230st if you don't mind 13.3 inch screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭td2008

jogdish wrote: »
    saw the sony pro too, word of advice i bought the sony vaio fit 14, wifi didnt work, repaced it same issue very poor build quality for thw wifi and the keyboard was very light to the touch.
    But the pro seems different

Yeah from doing a bit of research online the wifi adapter in the sony (pro) seems to be terrible, everyone is giving out about it

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Manufacture like Sony have a detailed list of laptop as per you need like screen size, ram and cost factor. It is better to contact directly with manufacture for best price and discount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

Hello,
    I am looking to buy a 14inch laptop ( 15.6 is too heavy and i find 13 too small for typing ). I want the following:

2:Core i5, min 4gb of ram, not too pushed about gfx card, and would prefer one of those ssd/hdd combos for fast boot up.

My budget is around €900. I know its asking a lot, but does anyone have any advice, or maybe is it best to wait a few months?

this might fit the bill..
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-IdeaPad-U430-Touch-Ultrabook.100623.0.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Keepan Eye

I would avoid HP Pavilion lap tops --- I had one and it only lasted 2 years 5 months.....€600 cost from PC World. As they only guarantee them for a year I have no comeback
    What a crock

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Recently bought an Acer V5-472P, i5, 4gb ram, 500gb hd, 14'', intel gfx, dolby sound, €615.
    Last one in store so got a bit of discount

just noted max display res 1366x768

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Hello,

This?

Advertisement