Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we allow to dump TV into recycle bin provided by apartment?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    just wondering, are we allow to dump unwanted TV into recycle bin that provided by apartment, please?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

xiuzhen wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    just wondering, are we allow to dump unwanted TV into recycle bin that provided by apartment, please?

Well, It belongs to the landlord no?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭xiuzhen

Well, It belongs to the landlord no?

yes, landlord doesn't want it and allow me to dump it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

yes, landlord doesn't want it and allow me to dump it.

http://www.dublincity.ie/WaterWasteEnvironment/Waste/Pages/WasteRecycling.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not Dublin City-specific. Maybe the good folk here in S&EI can advise you.

tHB

what happen if I dump my tv into recycle bin provided in apartment, please?

• Advertisement

Dublin city center

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

what happen if I dump my tv into recycle bin provided in apartment, please?

If you've bought a new TV set in the last 15 days, you can still bring the old TV set back to where you bought the new one. They have to take it back for free.

Otherwise there are two places you can bring it for free in Dublin:

http://www.dublincity.ie/WaterWasteEnvironment/Waste/RecyclingServices/Pages/WEEEandHouseholders.aspx

NOT doing one of these and instead dumping it in your recycle bin would be a stupid thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Hi guys,
    Check with whoever the service provider is, but I very much doubt it.

If it belongs to your landlord, it really is his/her responsibility to take care of the disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

If you put it in the recycling bins you are effectively dumping it. None of those bins take WEEE items.

Put it in your general waste bins if you are not willing to actually recycle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Hi guys,

What type of a recycle bin is it? Some apartments have these cages, http://www.sbda.ie/newsdocs/weee-cage-a5flyer.pdf, if it's one of those cages you can put any household waste electrical's into it. If your apartment doesn't have one, ask your landlord about getting one? They're free for businesses, schools, apartment complexes etc...

If it's just a normal recycling bin for paper cardboard etc, then no you can't put it in that bin or in the general waste bin. You can bring to your local recycling centre/civic amenity site or to your local electrical retailer (on a like for like basis). If you want more information on this, contact the WEEE Compliance Scheme in your area, which is either WEEE Ireland or ERP Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 envaction

I think that if the apartment landlord said that it was okay, then I'm sure that it will be. I'm not sure if you are able to just dump them though. So, I'm wondering if he will actually bring it to the right place. That's my only concern because he could just dump it anywhere, and that might not be very safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Hi guys,

Charity shop if its just unwanted and still useable.

Edit. Apologies seen this pop up on latest posts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

[mod] Old thread. Closed. [/mod]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement