Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer claimed we recieved a weeks notice

Options
  • 29-07-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, I was made redundant on the 18th of june, and recently the details of our redundancy payment have been sent out to us.

But looking at the rp50 form i noticed that the date of notice of termination was the 11/6/2010, thus reducing our payment in lieu of notice by a week.

We were not given any official notice of the business closing, i went in on the 18th of june and was handed my p45.

I rang the liquidator and they were given the information by the head of the company that notice was given a week prior to the close of the shop.

I dont want it to get to a point where its my word against the head of the company, but should i have been given written notice of closure by the head of the company? I wasnt given any verbal notice nor was any other staff member.

How can i show that no notice of termination was given?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You use 'we' in the thread title. Did the other terminated employees get any notice that you might not hav been served? If not, it might be best to stick together whatever action you take next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

spence101 wrote: »
    How can i show that no notice of termination was given?
    It should have been done in writing..
    They should be able to provide you with a copy of what they sent you..
    It will only stand up as an appeal if nobody was given written notice.. Otherwise it would be hard to prove you're not pulling a stroke..

Advertisement