Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesus, lol.

Options
  • 22-11-2007 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

What do Christians think of these pictures? I'm sure you're all aware of them. There is a sticky in the humour forum with 100's of them in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

I've never been.

Anticipating that I would be offended and left it alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There needs to be a Muhammed, lol thread..... but for some reason there isn't alot of pictures to work with ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Archeron

Some are genuinely funny, but a lot of them are not and come across as people wanting to make them for the sake of making them, rather than making them because they are amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Awaits 'Mohammed lol' style pics - better than the cartoons I'd say.

<never mind, I should really read posts before replying>

*boots up photoshop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There's not a wealth of muhammed pics on the interweb I'm afraid! Post up some originals if you find any :) I humbly request that this thread be moved to Humour (or Lolocaust).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Tons to be found here:

http://parazite.h1.ru/mohammed_image_archive/extreme_mohammed/

Most of them are crap but I did like the dancing mohammed.

mosmall1ze.gif

Anyway, I made a thread in humour for Mohammed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54516422#post54516422

Wonder what will happen. :rolleyes:

WTF?! Thread locked. Why??

One reason given:
    because theres a feckin humongus differ tween a few aul biddies ringin up Joe Duffy ta complain and a Fatwah

another:
    "It's more trouble than it's worth."

So were allowed have a joke at the expense of Jesus, but not Mohammed????

Double standard, cop-out, IMO..

Very disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

womoma wrote: »
    WTF?! Thread locked. Why??

One reason given:

another:
    "It's more trouble than it's worth."

So were allowed have a joke at the expense of Jesus, but not Mohammed????

Double standard, cop-out, IMO..

Very disappointing.

While some atheists love to moan about how intolerant we Christians are, the fact is that we are a nice soft target. Heck, you can even call your teddy bear "Jesus" if you want.

So, if you want the frisson of being cool and daring, the chance to cry about how persecuted you are everytime a bishop mentions secularism, but to avoid any real danger of genuine persecution, then leave the Muslims alone and have a good laugh at the Christians.

meh

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

PDN wrote:
    [...] some atheists love to moan about how intolerant we Christians are [...] avoid any real danger of genuine persecution [...]
    Funny post, that one, PDN. Reads to me like you're a more than a little envious that some places still protect religion from the grave danger of a good joke. Or even a bad one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

robindch wrote: »
    Funny post, that one, PDN. Reads to me like you're a more than a little envious that some places still protect religion from the grave danger of a good joke. Or even a bad one.

Envious? Not in the slightest.

Sometimes I just listen to people harping on about how horribly oppressed they are by Christians, and I'm reminded of middle-class teenagers who think they are suffering child abuse if their parents refuse to buy them the latest video game.

Then i just find myself asking, Why is it that the societies where atheists have the most freedom to mock Christians just happen, for the most part, to be the societies that have had the longest exposure to Christian teaching and values? Strange coincidence, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

PDN wrote: »
    While some atheists love to moan about how intolerant we Christians are, the fact is that we are a nice soft target. Heck, you can even call your teddy bear "Jesus" if you want.

So, if you want the frisson of being cool and daring, the chance to cry about how persecuted you are everytime a bishop mentions secularism, but to avoid any real danger of genuine persecution, then leave the Muslims alone and have a good laugh at the Christians.
    Don't let it go to your head, but sometimes you are just stunningly right.

Advertisement