Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Irish passages for the Oral - clarity needed...

Options
  • 02-03-2006 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Can you do any 5, or must they be in order, ie. 1-5, 2-7, etc. Teachers are our school are telling different classes different things :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

In my school my teacher just picked 5 random ones - 1,4,9,10,11 so i guess it just depends on your teacher. Hope that helps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

yeah any 5 at all is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Thanks guys, our teacher is just a moron and missinformed us as usual :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

the reading passage is the easiest 30mks you can get in the leaving cert. that part of irish is an idiot proof question.

only an idiot won't get at least 29 out of 30, seen as you can write in everything in phonetics on a sheet and take it in with you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Muiriosa

Yeah, you're right there smemon, this really easy almost too easy to be true. Come on points for reading!! Wohu! Bring on the orals!

When is everyone having their oral exam roughly??

Mines around 27th of this month. Shouldn't be too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Same here, 27th - 7th. Have Irish, French and Music Practical in those 2 weeks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Muiriosa

exiot wrote:
    Same here, 27th - 7th. Have Irish, French and Music Practical in those 2 weeks..

Hell, that's heavy going... Yeah I have the french as well myself, I'd hate to have music on top of that. Best of luck wit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I'm starting to get worried about Irish, I'm totally unprepared for the oral. Our idiot teacher is no help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Lord Oz wrote:
    I'm starting to get worried about Irish, I'm totally unprepared for the oral. Our idiot teacher is no help either.

chill the beans man, the reading is worth 20% of your overall oral marks so unless you literally say nothing, you can't exactly fail it!

so long as you can say about 10 sentences about yourself and family and what you want to do, your sorted. :cool: happy days. :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

exiot wrote:

yup me too...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

smemon wrote:
    the reading passage is the easiest 30mks you can get in the leaving cert. that part of irish is an idiot proof question.

only an idiot won't get at least 29 out of 30, seen as you can write in everything in phonetics on a sheet and take it in with you!!!
    Whatever about your Irish, try improving your English...

As far as I remember it was any 5, and it's easy enough, don't worry about it.

Advertisement