Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Willie Frazer is planning another Love Ulster parade through Dublin in 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Has he not learnt from the trouble it caused the last time Thoughts?

Have you not figured out that trouble is what he wants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Have you not figured out that trouble is what he wants?

To be honest if the Gardai agree to this well its a disgrace. Their the ones who could prevent a whole lot of trouble in this case should they allow Willie Frazer to go ahead with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭SeanW

Let him march. Then let the rest of us ignore him.

I saw a documentary about the renaming of Nathan Bedford Forrest park (NBF was the founder of the first Klan) to "Health Sciences Park" about a year ago.

The current Klan planned to have a massive rally in Memphis, TN, to protest this supposidly defining issue for white people. They were given permission to march, and proceeded to do so.

The day of the march it rained non-stop. 60 people showed up. The march was pathetic and larelgy forgotten, symbolic of the Klan as a worthless non-entity that society has left behind.

That's how a healthy society deals with hatemongers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭boetstark

The guy has a point to prove though. Not entirely sure if the parade through dublin is the best way to do it. It is also coinciding with Rangers v septic game Feb 1st.
    I'm amazed at the double standards exhibited down here re our troubled past. This enquiry being demanded, that enquiry demanded, all the while republicans carried out a bloody terrorist campaign over the last century, blatantly aided abetted and condoned by politicians gardai and general public in the Republic.
    Hypocrisy whataboutery and lack of morals at its finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 187187

Hopefully there's a building site near his planned destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

There is no hope for him if he cannot even get the name right

boetstark wrote: »
    It is also coinciding with Rangers v septic game Feb 1st.

Sevco are playing that day

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

I'm sure it will be manageable to police it as long as there are no construction works along the parade route this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I think our government won't be so stupid as to okay this troll parade.

Edit: The government should respond that they'd be happy to have a parade that represents all the people of the 9 counties including Republicans, Nationalists, Muslims, Eastern Europeans, the LGBT community etc.

Frazer would probably shit himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The guy has a point to prove though. Not entirely sure if the parade through dublin is the best way to do it. It is also coinciding with Rangers v septic game Feb 1st.
    I'm amazed at the double standards exhibited down here re our troubled past. This enquiry being demanded, that enquiry demanded, all the while republicans carried out a bloody terrorist campaign over the last century, blatantly aided abetted and condoned by politicians gardai and general public in the Republic.

Your posting history is interesting to say the least.

• Advertisement

republicans carried out a bloody terrorist campaign over the last century

Waged against a bunch of terrorists in uniform both north and south.

Point to prove my ass, why come to Dublin to do it? All its doing is antagonising people and if anything it will make the situation a whole lot worse. I dont exactly get what Frazier is trying or hoping to achieve other than cause trouble. Its not like you would see a Nationalist parade down the Shankill Road. Guarantee it wouldnt even be allowed so why should this be allowed to go ahead at all? Its people like Frazier who insist on re-opening old wounds when I guarantee a lot of people up North today would rather move on from the horrible past instead of this constant segregation which is provoked by the minority of bigoted idiots remaining

Hypocrisy indeed. Its seems you only see one side of the coin and that is what the IRA did. Not condoning all they did by any means but the UVF werent much better in all fairness. You condoning what they did?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Karl Stein wrote: »

Who were these uniformed 'terrorists' in the South? The Garda? The Irish Army?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

He's not threatening us with another march is he?
    Ahhhhhh now he's taking the p!ss....
    He can fcuk off or he'll get a water meter on the head :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

I dont exactly get what Frazier is trying or hoping to achieve other than cause trouble. Its not like you would see a Nationalist parade down the Shankill Road. Guarantee it wouldnt even be allowed so why should this be allowed to go ahead at all? Its people like Frazier who insist on re-opening old wounds when I guarantee a lot of people up North today would rather move on from the horrible past instead of this constant segregation which is provoked by the minority of bigoted idiots remaining

Its weird how Frazier has risen to prominence/infamy in recent years, my dad actually met him in the early 2000's and described him as a bitter man too scarred by his past. Its not surprising that Frazier is the way he is, what is disappointing is that he seems to speak a message that still resonates with a segment in NI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

This is excellent news for the Celtic jersey brigade.

Saipanne wrote: »
    This is excellent news for the Celtic jersey brigade.

Are Celtic playing in Dublin that day?

Are Celtic playing in Dublin that day?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Its not surprising that Frazier is the way he is, what is disappointing is that he seems to speak a message that still resonates with a segment in NI.

His message is called hate, and it will always resonate with a narrow minded section in Ulster.

No.

Then why would this be 'excellent news for the Celtic jersey brigade'?

• Advertisement

Then why would this be 'excellent news for the Celtic jersey brigade'?

I'm picturing these kind of scenes.

riot_011_1.jpg

I'll put it this way. Don't expect too many Leinster jerseys down there.

Ahh I see, time for the lazy stereotype about the rioters all wearing Celtic attire

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Is that Footlocker with the big windows still there on O'Connell street?

From that pic, of give/take about fifty people ONE lad is wearing a Celtic jersey.

On the other hand, they all appear to be wearing footwear.

As for the Leinster jersey remark.........

jank wrote: »
    Who were these uniformed 'terrorists' in the South? The Garda? The Irish Army?

To be honest there were more uniformed terrorists and collusion in the North, you had the UVF, UDA, British Army, RUC(The Police force supposedly there to protect its citizens)

From that pic, of give/take about fifty people ONE lad is wearing a Celtic jersey.

On the other hand, they all appear to be wearing footwear.

As for the Leinster jersey remark.........

Two.

You willing to bet on the greater frequency of either jersey appearing at this proposed event?

No. I wouldn't either, if I were you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,709 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I listened to that man the other day. The hate in his voice for all things Irish...Unbelievable. And wanting to come down South to antagonize a people that he despises. Nasty individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

According to Willie Frazer, the IRA or Catholics or Sinn Féin or anyone he doesn't like are responsible for:

-The Kennedy Assassination
    -Bombing Nagasaki and Hiroshima
    -Sinking the Titanic
    -The Fukishima Earthquake
    -The South East Asian Tsunami
    -9/11
    -The Great Fire Of London in 1666
    -The Black Plague
    -Spanish Flu
    -The Horse-Meat Controversy
    -Hitler's rise to power
    -Willie's haemorrhoids
    -The Iraq War
    -Chelsea winning the Champions League
    -The Crucifixion of Jesus
    -The Vietnam War
    -Willie's bad haircut
    -Roy Keane/Mick McCarthy Saipan incident
    -England not winning the World Cup since 1966
    -Prince Charles' ears
    -Prince William's hair
    -Prince Harry in general

Two.

So they were outnumbered 25-1.
    Saipanne wrote:
    You willing to bet on the greater frequency of either jersey appearing at this proposed event?

No. I wouldn't either, if I were you.

Stop with the ridiculous generalisations, it's only making an idiot of yourself.

• Advertisement

So they were outnumbered 25-1.

Stop with the ridiculous generalisations, it's only making an idiot of yourself.

No need to get personal now...

DazMarz wrote: »
    According to Willie Frazer, the IRA or Catholics or Sinn Féin or anyone he doesn't like are responsible for:

You got to remember where Willie Frazer is coming from, a hell of a lot of his family/friends where killed by republicans, the world would be a better place if people could forgive but realistically some people will end up like Frazer if what happened to him happened to them.
    His message is called hate, and it will always resonate with a narrow minded section in Ulster.

Thats accurate but what I find interesting that they have latched onto Willie Frazer, I hated Paisley and all he stood for, but I could understand appeal of the charisma and oratorical skills and he was a smart man, Wee Willie Frazer is just a joke if you look at him seriously yet he has built this following.

No need to get personal now...

I'm not trying to offend you, and I'm sorry if I have, but seriously.

To make a claim about "Celtic jerseys" then post a pic that shows ONE Jersey from a crowd of about fifty people to bolster your assertion, is a bit foolish to be fair.

Then the cherry on the top is asking me if I wanna wager a bet on two different sport clubs jerseys at an event that probably won't even happen.........

C'mon now.

I was referring to the "up the ra" types, more than the followers of a Scottish football team, to be honest. Although the line that divides the two is often blurred. I just imagine they will relish the chance for a ruck.

The sad fact is these fringe loons need each other to survive, despite their hatred for each other. In terms of personality, they are very similar, I'd imagine. In another life, they would be mates.

****ing idiots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

You got to remember where Willie Frazer is coming from, a hell of a lot of his family/friends where killed by republicans, the world would be a better place if people could forgive but realistically some people will end up like Frazer if what happened to him happened to them.

Thats accurate but what I find interesting that they have latched onto Willie Frazer, I hated Paisley and all he stood for, but I could understand appeal of the charisma and oratorical skills and he was a smart man, Wee Willie Frazer is just a joke if you look at him seriously yet he has built this following.

Big deal! Paddy Doyle lost his daughter, two baby granddaughters & son-in law to loyalists in the Dublin bombings, you don't hear him moaning on about how he hates British or Protestant people or how the FA are terrorists or organizing provocative marches threw Belfast.

Big deal! Paddy Doyle lost his daughter, two baby granddaughters & son-in law to loyalists in the Dublin bombings, you don't hear him moaning on about how he hates British or Protestant people or how the FA are terrorists or organizing provocative marches threw Belfast.

A fair point, but it doesn't stop the resident Irish Republicans here go on endlessly about the British empire day in day out. There are plenty of idiots on both sides. Both think they have the moral upper hand.

• Advertisement

To be honest there were more uniformed terrorists and collusion in the North, you had the UVF, UDA, British Army, RUC(The Police force supposedly there to protect its citizens)

I asked about the south. What uniformed terrorists were the PIRA fighting in the South? Not really getting clarity here. If people honestly believe that the Gardai or Irish Defense force were terrorists then they are in dangerous idiots stuck in a time warp.

the world would be a better place if people could forgive but realistically some people will end up like Frazer if what happened to him happened to them.
    /QUOTE]

Its pretty clear I'm not condoning him but there is plenty of extremists up north that reached their positions through personal events, not everybody turns the other cheek or can forgive. I'm a nationalist myself but if you think that there isn't people from the Republican side that are just as bitter as Willie Frazer your sadly mistaken, whats interesting and worrying though is that they don't have the traction Frazer does among some of the loyalist community.

whats interesting and worrying though is that they don't have the traction Frazer does among some of the loyalist community.

Indeed. When people like Willie Frazer and councillor Jolene 'poor-Catholic-bastards-make-me-sick' Bunting are taking 'leading' roles you've got to wonder what the hell is going on.

Care to clarify my question Karl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Indeed. When people like Willie Frazer and councillor Jolene 'poor-Catholic-bastards-make-me-sick' Bunting are taking 'leading' roles you've got to wonder what the hell is going on.

You may have missed it there, but someone asked who the terrorists in the south were... I'd be interested to know the answer to that myself?

• Advertisement

You may have missed it there, but someone asked..

Not just someone, Jank.
    who the terrorists in the south were...
    republicans carried out a bloody terrorist campaign over the last century

Is it really that difficult to figure out what uniform wearing terrorists Republican volunteers fought in the last century primarily in the south?

Go on, give it a try...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

riot_011_1.jpg

Ya. You'll find the Rugger boys kicking things around Annabelles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Not just someone, Jank.

Is it really that difficult to figure out what uniform wearing terrorists Republican volunteers fought in the last century primarily in the south?

Go on, give it a try...
    Also Flagstaff Hill....

Also Flagstaff Hill....

I was just reading up on that and saw this:
    On 28 October 1971, a major confrontation took place between British and Irish Army Ranger Wing (ARW) troops at a cross-border bridge ... A British patrol was laying explosive charges to destroy the bridge ... A Garda Síochána officer stated that the bridge was at least half in the Republic, and the British commanding officer disputed this. The Irish authorities then deployed a unit of soldiers armed with H&K MP5 submachine guns, and the Irish commander demanded that the British surrender their explosives. Following a 90-minute standoff, the British withdrew.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagstaff_hill_incident

!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

reading about how FAIR was given around million in EU peace dividend funds from 2007 to 2009 and then later after an audit report asked by the EU to hand it back http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Families_Acting_for_Innocent_Relatives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

reading about how FAIR was a million in EU peace dividend funds from 2007 to 2009 and then later asked to hand it back http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Families_Acting_for_Innocent_Relatives

Tanks don't come cheap.

jank wrote: »
    A fair point, but it doesn't stop the resident Irish Republicans here go on endlessly about the British empire day in day out. There are plenty of idiots on both sides. Both think they have the moral upper hand.

Plus the man had to go to the morgue to get arms, legs, torsos & heads & place them together like a jigsaw to identify a body of his two 1 year old granddaughters.

The UDR were no angels themselves & regular helped loyalist death squads

reading about how FAIR was given around million in EU peace dividend funds from 2007 to 2009 and then later after an audit report asked by the EU to hand it back http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Families_Acting_for_Innocent_Relatives

Critics have noted that FAIR has named Robert McConnell, a member of the Ulster Defence Regiment, as a victim of IRA violence. McConnell was implicated in both the killing of the brothers of Eugene Reavey on 4 January 1976, and in the Dublin and Monaghan bombings of 197

Well that's something I didn't know about them. No way should they be allowed to desecrate the memories of those killed in the biggest mass murder in Ireland or Britain. That would be like Sinn Fein walking past that chippers on the Shankill Road & holding pictures of Thomas Begely & the other bombers.

And to just to make another point like Paddy Doyle.

Remember the Father of Tim Parry the boy killed in the Warrington bomb? He went on the Late Late Show & tried to bring something positive out of his sons death. All this Frazer *sshole is doing is destroying the memory of the people killed that by bringing about such negativity into the air.

And an awful lot of people still hold Frazer's bigoted views. Loyalism will have to change just like Republicanism did otherwise Loyalism will self-destruct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

SeanW wrote: »
    Let him march. Then let the rest of us ignore him.

It's a win-win for Willie. If he marches down Dublin city centre, Irish republicans have to stomach looking at an Orange style march passing right through the heart of their capital city. If trouble erupts, which I believe is inevitable, Willie can correctly claim that Dublin and the RoI as a whole is not welcoming towards the people of Ulster.
    Loyalism will have to change just like Republicanism did otherwise Loyalism will self-destruct

What changes have their been in Republicanism? Last I checked it was still based on the same old grudges, with the same old rhetoric.

• Advertisement
Advertisement