Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC modem/router Technicolor TC7200

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Lol, you just want to see if it works as soon as :p. But you have a point haha. I'll try it this evening and report back.

Space monkey signing off :-P
    Ha, that's why I said I'm not trying to be a dick but I am at the same time. Two birds. :)

Up to you, there's really no rush. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭wiz569

I would do it only the wife and kids are all on the net and probably will be for the rest of the day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

wiz569 wrote: »
    I would do it only the wife and kids are all on the net and probably will be for the rest of the day lol

Excuses get in the way of progress :-P. Boot them off and try, important internet business awaits! Plus, 2 space monkeys are a better test group haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Lol, I love random conversations about routers :-P.

Sure, when the source editing above gets me bridge modem (gotta think positive!) I'll post the router too :-P

Ahh here I'm joining in on this one..:)

I got one of these bad boys:
    http://www.komplett.ie/komplett/product/zkb_03netw/80008921/asus_wireless_router_rt_ac66u/details.aspx

Lads I swear if you can stretch the few extra quid do it.
    They are an amazing piece of kit. The range of the thing is just baffling.-like there is no walls or ceilings in the house.
    Also that link is for the best place/price I could find it.

I sent back my TC7200 using the WEP excuse ;) given to me by the UPC guy, and I got sent a 3925 which luckily enough bridged out of the box.

So no complaints here.

Leiva wrote: »
    Ahh here I'm joining in on this one..:)

I got one of these bad boys:
    http://www.komplett.ie/komplett/product/zkb_03netw/80008921/asus_wireless_router_rt_ac66u/details.aspx

Lads I swear if you can stretch the few extra quid do it.
    They are an amazing piece of kit. The range of the thing is just baffling.-like there is no walls or ceilings in the house.
    Also that link is for the best place/price I could find it.

I sent back my TC7200 using the WEP excuse ;) given to me by the UPC guy, and I got sent a 3925 which luckily enough bridged out of the box.

So no complaints here.

I tried the HTML editing but got the same as another poster. Connection just dropped....Although it does that a lot while in the GUI.

There seems to be a remote management ip address on the modem which does not accept Admin Admin. Maybe bridging can be enabled via that log in?

Ah boards, always making me spend more then I wanted haha. That is bought :-P. Whats the wep excuse? PM me baby ;-)

• Advertisement

I tried the HTML editing but got the same as another poster. Connection just dropped....Although it does that a lot while in the GUI.

There seems to be a remote management ip address on the modem which does not accept Admin Admin. Maybe bridging can be enabled via that log in?

Ah boards, always making me spend more then I wanted haha. That is bought :-P. Whats the wep excuse? PM me baby ;-)
    Haha, I'll look into the problem but it doesn't look like it's going to be easy to solve. The assumption at this point is that the switch mode script is either removed from the firmware or they've restricted access somehow, which would render the HTML useless for the time-being.

In another thread, it was suggested to me that a backup configuration done on a Dutch TC2700 in bridge mode might restore correctly on our Irish models and make bridge mode happen. I'm looking into obtaining a backup configuration and as soon as I know more, I'll make a post.

Now the WEP excuse is basically telling UPC that you have old laptops that only support WEP encryption. Since the TC2700 doesn't feature WEP, they have exchanged many customers' TC2700 modems with a Cisco EPC3925, and you'll certainly be able to bridge that. I'm using one myself. So just make a good case for needing a router that supports WEP and they might oblige you. Some people have had to fight to get them to comply, while others get quick co-operation.

DECEiFER wrote: »
    Haha, I'll look into the problem but it doesn't look like it's going to be easy to solve. The assumption at this point is that the switch mode script is either removed from the firmware or they've restricted access somehow, which would render the HTML useless for the time-being.

In another thread, it was suggested to me that a backup configuration done on a Dutch TC2700 in bridge mode might restore correctly on our Irish models and make bridge mode happen. I'm looking into obtaining a backup configuration and as soon as I know more, I'll make a post.

Now the WEP excuse is basically telling UPC that you have old laptops that only support WEP encryption. Since the TC2700 doesn't feature WEP, they have exchanged many customers' TC2700 modems with a Cisco EPC3925, and you'll certainly be able to bridge that. I'm using one myself. So just make a good case for needing a router that supports WEP and they might oblige you. Some people have had to fight to get them to comply, while others get quick co-operation.

Lol...wow. That's a nuke option at least. I will play around with the technicolor for another while before trying that.

I've just given the Switch Mode HTML code a go and I can confirm that the script is definitely either missing or inaccessible. There's nothing we can do about it. Waiting on a backup configuration file that was made in bridge mode by a Dutch modem to see if that can be restored to enable bridge mode on our models. It's risky and it might not work since the firmwares are different. Also they went to a lot of effort to erase any record of Switch Mode existing, even removing all references to it from the JavaScript language files.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Lads, what's the default login for the technicolor router? Just installed one for a friend and can't get the router to work, will give UPC a call tomorrow but if I can get this working tonight it would be great. Tried blanks and admin password combos but no luck. Tried a hard reset for 10 secs but can't get router connected to net, any ideas?

Ideo wrote: »
    Lads, what's the default login for the technicolor router? Just installed one for a friend and can't get the router to work, will give UPC a call tomorrow but if I can get this working tonight it would be great. Tried blanks and admin password combos but no luck. Tried a hard reset for 10 secs but can't get router connected to net, any ideas?
    Username: admin
    Password: admin

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Assuming you are talking about the TC72000, then
    default login is admin/admin
    public address is 192.168.100.1

Did the router ever work? If its an upgrade/replacement then upc need to commission it first for it to work!

Actually got it, it's admin and admin

Actually got it, it's admin and admin

God you lot are quick - thanks anyway for the responses. And yes it's a new modem and new UPC connection. No service though, might just have to ring tomorrow

God you lot are quick - thanks anyway for the responses. And yes it's a new modem and new UPC connection. No service though, might just have to ring tomorrow

If its a new connection, then best option is to leave it powered on and connected to cable - upc might have put its mac address through the system, and it might fire up.....
    When I got my upgrade, I had to ring up and get them to put it through their system. After about 30mins I had service...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

Trying to get my NAS Drive set up on this router, but failing.

The drive is a D-Link DNS 320:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/D-Link-ShareCenter-Network-Storage-Enclosure/dp/B004AIWOXY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_office_2

and has a 3tb and a 1tb installed in it

I pressed the button at the back of the drive to do a reset, but that didnt help either.

Is it possible that the drive will not work with this router?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hi guys - Does anybody know what the default username and password to login to this router via a web browser is?

Cheers in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

admin / admin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

stanley1 wrote: »
    admin / admin

Cheers perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 iceberger

What is the modem used for 150mb UPC broadband? It is using WPA2 but I'm not sure what its called. Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is it just me or is the Wi-Fi range pretty woeful on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

I am getting pretty bad signal but I think its more interference from the houses around me then the signal itself. I am trying to figure out how to connect to the 5ghz network, my laptop is only a year old but dosnt seem to be picking it up

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Haven't been impressed with the range on most of those Technicolor routers.
    Anyone tried telneting into the router? They normally forget to disable the settings in there :pac:

PeakOutput wrote: »
    I am getting pretty bad signal but I think its more interference from the houses around me then the signal itself. I am trying to figure out how to connect to the 5ghz network, my laptop is only a year old but dosnt seem to be picking it up

You could get a dual-band 2.4/5GHz USB dongle. I doubt 5GHz radios are being put into laptops as standard yet.

I have tried telenetting in. It's not admin/admin as the pass for that so couldn't check it out. Might brute force that later.... Bridge more might also be found via management ip bit again the admin pass is different.

As an aside, 5ghz does not work on the technicolor.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Haven't looked through the entire thread, but technicolours sometimes have Administrator & the serial number as the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

If one had a spare 3925 and wanted to revert to it would UPC provision if you pushed them on it?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Its woeful - Im only getting 16/17 Mbps on Wifi - I was getting the same speeds on the old router

PeakOutput wrote: »

I read on another thread that the 5Ghz is not enabled

iba wrote: »
    I read on another thread that the 5Ghz is not enabled
    Oh that's right, it's bare fu*ked for the minute.

• Advertisement

If one had a spare 3925 and wanted to revert to it would UPC provision if you pushed them on it?

You could always try, but don't forget UPC are the owner of all devices, so 'how one could have a spare one' could be questioned when you contact them.....

Advertisement