Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Router table

Options
  • 04-10-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Im going to build my self a router table but I have one major issue

I want to put a power switch outside it for ease of turning on and off.
    However the router does not have a switch that leaves it on. It has a double button safety in order to turn it on and must be held to keep it on.

Im thinking of cable tying the button in so it's always on (do this when its off obviously) and then run it using the switch.

It's a 1/2" draper router

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

I've set mine up like that in the past with an NVR switch outside the table and not had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

cheers for the reply. i think ill go with this, its the only way i can think of, short of opening it up and changing the switch

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Will you upload some photos when your finished it as I want to make one myself and I would like to see how yours turns out.

will of course. pm me your email address and ill send you the plans I've adapted

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

PM Sent Cheers.

I saw I nice plan for one in woodworking plans and projects. Might be able to find it and scan it to show you if your interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

I'd be interested in seeing this also. I have an NVR switch from a cheap router table I bought a while back.

thread in the diy forum with it

Advertisement