Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Side Gate

Options
  • 13-09-2011 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to put this but....

Would anyone have any idea of an average price to pay for a 4ft wide timber side gate? I'm being quoted €360 for teak and to fit it, seems a bit pricey, maybe not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

teak is fairly expensive i know that doesnt seem like a bad price once there is enough teak used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

that price sounds about right. You could go cheaper with treated softwood but it wouldnt last nearly as long as teak. Also the price difference wouldnt be worth it IMO

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Sounds like a good price to me too for a bespoke, teak gate and fitted. 'Off the shelf' gates can be bought for about €110, but that is in softwood and does not include fitting - and they look naff. Teak is beautiful. If it is in a sunny spot, you could leave it without any finish and let it develop a lovely silver patina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

pretty good price

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DMBandit

Thanks for all the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement