Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to avoid being trolled

Options
  • 17-03-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Watch and learn.

How many have you come up against?

EDIT: actually laughed out loud at 14. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Wtf is 20 all about?

Great though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

No 25 made me snort wine out my nose, thanks for that! :o

Witnessed all bar 10 & 20. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Watch and learn.

How many have you come up against?

EDIT: actually laughed out loud at 14. :D

:) Brilliant

It is sort of scary how many of those actually are used ... and how much it pisses us off :pac:

I would be tempted to post this in the OTHER FORUM, both as a joke on the bad arguments we hear all the time but also self-referencing joke about how we do tend to get quite pissed off at Christian arguments ... not sure how well it would go do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Agh, unmusical 8-year-old hammers out Moonlight sonata! The pain, the pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Nevore wrote: »
    Wtf is 20 all about?

Probably banana man Ray comfort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

Atheists do like to get riled very easily.

When I'm using some social media site and come across Atheist blogs I always like to post a comment below it as someone like "YourChristianSavior" saying "I feel pity for how misguided you are. I will pray for you tonight. God bless."

It's like kicking a hornets nest... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

No 25 made me snort wine out my nose, thanks for that! :o
    Classy bird.:p

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Oi!

I was making a good attempt until the involuntary snorting incident! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Probably banana man Ray comfort

****, I think he just proved god's existence. God must've made the perfect human to laugh at.

Praise the lord! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭doctoremma

Agh, unmusical 8-year-old hammers out Moonlight sonata! The pain, the pain!

Cheers, all through it I was thinking "Moonlight Sonata, yes or no?" (Classical music not really my thing).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Wicknight wrote: »
    :) Brilliant

It is sort of scary how many of those actually are used ... and how much it pisses us off :pac:

I would be tempted to post this in the OTHER FORUM, both as a joke on the bad arguments we hear all the time but also self-referencing joke about how we do tend to get quite pissed off at Christian arguments ... not sure how well it would go do.

As if you'd be the only one.

1) There is no empirical evidence for God therefore there is no evidence for God.

2) Evolution explains religious appetite

3) Faith is blind.

4) The Bible condones rape (utilising a kind of literalism rarely found amongst believers of even the most fundemental type)

5) The Bible constantly contradicts itself (with link to www.IobviouslyhateGod,org or some such)

6) The existance of many religions in some way dissolves the potential that one or other of them is true.

7) The probability of God is X (where X is anything other than 1 or 0)

8) I know God doesn't exist

9) Anyway, I'm not such a bad person. I generally treat people right

10) There is no such thing as objective morality. See 9) above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

10 versus 54 ... not bad!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

As if you'd be the only one.

1) There is no empirical evidence for God therefore there is no evidence for God.

etc. etc.
    You left out my favourite - your core religious story is bonkers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Well here we go :)
    The non-empirical kind of evidence is the same kind that's used to justify everything from homeopathy to UFOs to water divining to astrology to ghosts etc etc etc. Non-empirical evidence is pretty much worthless which is why there are >33,000 branches of christianity but one atomic theory.
    It kinda does though
    3) Faith is blind.
    Not totally. I know that you think god has revealed himself to you so your faith is not blind, it's based on a misunderstanding of how the brain works and how easy it is for your senses to fool you.
    4) The Bible condones rape (utilising a kind of literalism rarely found amongst believers of even the most fundemental type)
    Believers don't tend to interpret their scriptures in such horrendous ways but that doesn 't mean that's not what was being said. Whenever I hear a believer trying to "interpret"£ a passage, all I think is "this doesn't say what I think it should so I'm going to see if I can come up with something that makes it appear less horrendous". This video pretty much sums it up

5) The Bible constantly contradicts itself (with link to www.IobviouslyhateGod,org or some such)
    I wouldn't say constantly but Judas didn't both die by falling headlong in a field and by hanging himself. The best that can be said is that it can be interpreted (see above) in a way that can make it appear that it doesn't directly contradict itself but regardless the stories are not the same.

6) The existance of many religions in some way dissolves the potential that one or other of them is true.
    Of course it does. We both agree that >99.9999% of religions that have ever existed are false so without empirical evidence you might as well pick your religion by the flip of a coin

7) The probability of God is X (where X is anything other than 1 or 0)
    I agree. I've never seen someone put an exact figure on it though
    8) I know God doesn't exist
    I agree but again, I've very rarely heard anyone say that
    9) Anyway, I'm not such a bad person. I generally treat people right
    What's wrong with that?
    10) There is no such thing as objective morality. See 9) above.
    What's wrong with that? A lack of objective morality does not totally negate the idea of right and wrong.

Advertisement