Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

STOVE FAN....ANY GOOD?

• 21-02-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi, Really considering buying a stove fan, only heard good things!

Which one should I go for?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dwiseman

Thanks

are you talking about an electric cowl or a fan for on top of the stove to help circulate hot air into the room?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Yep, a stove fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭therealmccoy

Thanks

This is the one we have running in our showroom.
    It is the "ThermoElectric - Stove Fan". Retails at €99. Prob get cheaper online I'd say.
    Excellent at spreading the heat about. Manufacturers say you burn up to 15% less fuel because you feel the heat better so you're less likely to fully fuel the stove. Hard to know, but I wouldn't really doubt it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

This is the one we have running in our showroom.
    It is the "ThermoElectric - Stove Fan". Retails at €99. Prob get cheaper online I'd say.
    Excellent at spreading the heat about. Manufacturers say you burn up to 15% less fuel because you feel the heat better so you're less likely to fully fuel the stove. Hard to know, but I wouldn't really doubt it.

What do stove manufacturers say about them?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement

Just want to find out actual users experience i.e. good/bad at moment

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

I only ask because there may be undesired consequences from cooling the flue too much.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

not goin to happen, but thanks for input

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RaPpSodIq

Hi,

I think this is you`r best bet. wwwdoteco-smartfandotcom They have some summer promotion and you can get it for 149 euros, with free shipping. Was 170, or something like this. I`m happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Any update on how people are getting on with the stove fans ? Has anyone bought one and if so any noticeable difference with throwing the heat about ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

A friend of mine has recently put one on their stove and they swear by it. They have their stove in a long high ceiling room that has three different levels and they say that it spreads the heat into the low section where the stove is.

Advertisement