Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE over UPC

Options
  • 15-09-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question. The apartment I live in is wired for UPC but not for normal TV reception, I'm not a huge fan of RTE so I have never bothered wiring it in, but as I recently got a letter reminding me to pay my licence, I figure I may as well get my moneys worth.

So my question is this, one of my friends told me you can receive the normal RTE single over the UPC connection by connecting the TV straight in. Is there any truth to this? Obviously I don't want to do anything against UPCs rules or cause damage to my TV or degrade somebody else's reception by doing this, so if it isn't safe or legal please tell me. (or if my friend was just making it up).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Actually, just realised this would be more relevant in a different section, so I'm going to repost it over there. Apologies to this section.

Advertisement