Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrested Development starting on FX Tuesday 8th February.

Options
  • 22-01-2011 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

I thought this deserved its own thread. FX are showing Arrested Development starting from the 8th of February. I never got the chance to watch this when it was on TV originally, so looking forward to it. Another great series for FX.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,785 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Superb.

The boxset of all 3 seasons is regularly available for €25.. here it is at Amazon for £21.98 (spend £25+ for free delivery).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hurrah and arses in one. The UPC DVR doesn't series link on FX so no doubt I'll miss a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyone who hasn't got the boxset or seen it all yet better watch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I too never got a chance to watch the show myself, but with pretty much everyone on the internet talking about it, I guess I'll have to check this out for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I started rewatching season 1 again a week or so again. I expected to be dissapointed thinking I had hyped how good it was all those years ago. I was not dissapointed, one of the best shows ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

without doubt one of the best tv shows to come around. everything about it is just so funny. and i have watched the boxsets a few times and still doesnt get old...."doouucchheee chill" :D

def worth a watch for anyone who hasnt seen it or for those who just want to laugh all over again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

I agree it doesn’t get old. If you haven’t seen it your are defiantly in for a treat. It is brilliant, watch the first episode and you’ll buy the boxset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

This is one of those shows that for some reason, I never saw. I've always meant to watch it so thanks for posting this OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

amazing show, how something this well written struggled to 3 seasons and stuff like Two and a Half Men is on its seemingly 20th at this stage baffles me. This is one of those shows where theres more laugh out loud funny moments in one episode than some comedy series entire seasons.

I wish I could watch it again for the first time, if only for lines like:

"I'm afraid I just blue myself"

"Hows the new trick?"
    "tricks are what whores do for money Michael, I perform illusions"

"Her?"

"Anyong!"

and stuff like the blue man group, Steve Holt! Bob Lawblaws Law Blog, the japanese businessmen visit, "stupid cornballing piece of ****!" , the afternoon delight karaoke scene, Busters army stint, Carl Weathers "we got a stew goin!"

and of course..

"theres always money in the banana stand"

None of these make a lick of sense to first time viewers, but I guarantee someone whos seen the series is chuckling to themselves thinking about all the amazing comedy moments in this season, enjoy :D

"It's as Ann as the nose on plain's face!"

:D

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    "It's as Ann as the nose on plain's face!"

:D

I still burst out laughing at Ann's yearbook pic "not pictured" even though she clearly is :D

I should stop reading this thread, I've forgotten enough to watch it all again but you're all reminding me of too many bits. :pac:

Buster being neither seen nor heard and randomly appearing in the background or leaning out from behind walls is still hilarious.

"sure, the guy in the $5000 dollar suit is gonna hold the elevator for you? c'mon!"

Oh, and Mrs Featherbottoms big Mary Poppins moment trying to jump off the landing, one of the best laugh out loud moments in comedy history "we shant be telling mother about this!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

One of the best comedys ever.

*does chicken dance*

krudler wrote: »
    Oh, and Mrs Featherbottoms big Mary Poppins moment

I don't think I've ever laughed so much at something in my life, as always it's the way it's done.
    I'm thinking maybe some spoiler tags because we're giving away some of the best bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,366 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will it be on every night or once a week?

amacachi wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever laughed so much at something in my life, as always it's the way it's done.
    I'm thinking maybe some spoiler tags because we're giving away some of the best bits.

I had to pause the dvd I was laughing so much, missed all the dialogue after it :D

aw man I wish I could wipe my memory and watch this for the first time again, the jokes are so brilliantly telegraphed in it, theres jokes in the very first episode that arent referenced again until season 2, I'm sure I spotted a Save Surely poster in like the 2nd ep, that doesnt come until way further into it.

"There are literally dozens of us!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will it be on every night or once a week?

Double episodes on Tuesdays at 9. Starting next week.
    Looking forward to it. Never seen it before but gets mentioned all the time as a top comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

I completely agree with Krudler, i would love to be able to go back and watch it fresh.

Her?

Im a big fan of Anne/plant/bland/egg/yam/ann hog and all her jokes or when Michael abandons her in Mexico!

Amazing, ive seen this show several times through and i cant wait to series link it and watch it all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Hurwitz is writing Peter Serafinowicz into the film apparently after they worked on Running Wilde, which just got axed. Might check it out, anybody watched it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

I've made a huge mistake.

Mini-bump for this..

Go to 1:30! ;)

Advertisement