Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lights Out - [FX - Spoilers]

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

A very very solid finale, the boxing fight was easily the highlight!....superb!, it was like watching a PPV fight for real. Tense, great choreography, very well filmed. As a series finale it worked. It wraped up very well as a standalone season with really no need for a season 2.

Lights won. as expected....but his medical issues from the early part of the season came back, he couldn't remember who won the fight + was losing his memory....a great way to end imo show the consequences for all his actions, lieing, criminal activity, etc.

It was a great footnote to end on, Lights Out while not hugely original or daring or even the best acting was entertaining enough. Tbh one season was enough....i fail to see what a second would accomplish. With out question the best acting came from ed Romeo and Barry K. Word....great characters!

Honourable mention to Lights' daughter Daniella aka Ryann Shawn, i thought she handled her scenes and story very well. I think Ava was way under written and vapid, in many ways she mirrored Light's brother/sister etc. - ergo using Lights'

There was nothing really original story wise, but i commend FX for doing a boxing show...it certainly had flaws, notably the acting from the leads + generic script elements such as dodgy promoters, Lights being a bagman, breaking bones, money issues etc.

The family dynamic imo was very weak, especially the wife and Ava, but i think Daniella did a great job and got much more involved. Stacey Keach....meh, he's the only recognied name on the ticket. Imo a HUGE flaw was having the dad coach Lights.

We saw how SUPERB Ed Romeo was when coaching Lights, Eamon Walker was gripping to watch, he stole the show!....he had such amazing acting and screen presence, the dialogue just went from OK and wow! anytime he was on screen.

If i'd recomend anything i'd say watch the two episodes with Eamon Walker, incrediable stuff!, the show ended the right way and on the right note.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I enjoyed it for what it was. One season was enough for it and it ended as well as it could have. The episodes with Walker were indeed great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Good write up Richard

A solid show, best actor was Eamonn Walker who was superb
    The actress who played Daniella was very good too and will have a good career for sure.

Very clear it was only going to last one season and I reckon a season 2 would have disappointed
    Great boxing match to wrap it up, the fight was choreographed and well planned

Very happy I watched this show. There are better shows out there but I'd give Lights Out a solid above average grade.

Advertisement