Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mountain bike forum

• 19-02-2015 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi people,
    is there a specific forum for mountain bike here or is it all together with fellow road cyclist? :). If there is none, what other forums would you advise to use? I'm fed up with facebooks's ones…

Thank for reading and hopeful for some responses… :)

Yanu

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,496 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This forum covers all forms of cycling - leisure, sporting, commuting, road, MTB, track, BMX, etc Content is driven by the users. We do get a few MTB threads, but it's really down to the users to start ones on specific topics they would like to discuss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

http://madmtb.com/forums/

This might be what you're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Beasty wrote: »
    This forum covers all forms of cycling - leisure, sporting, commuting, road, MTB, track, BMX, etc Content is driven by the users. We do get a few MTB threads, but it's really down to the users to start ones on specific topics they would like to discuss

Does it cover recycling? or where would I find that...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Yanu

Thanks for the answers guys, and PMs

Most of the forum I have found with google are a bit dead and I was hoping to find a more active forum. That's why I'm asking here
    I just think that mountain biking and road cycling are two very different sports and it would be nice to have separate forums. I mean… table tennis has his own and doesn't go under racket sports…

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,496 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There was a recent request for an MTB forum but it did not gain much support

As I've already said this forum covers all forms of cycling, and has threads on MTB'ing as well as plenty of other disciplines, on the leisure, commuting and sporting sides. Many contributors have interest in a variety of disciplines and a lot of the topics are relevant to all types of cycling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

I feel as though part of the problem is that the roadies out number the mtb'ers by quite a lot and so (I'm not speaking for everyone here, just me) us mtb'ers might slightly feel a bit intimidated by posting stuff about mountain biking on here.
    I was a newbie to this site last year and it took me a while to realize that this was a forum for all types of cycling and not just road. This was because I had not seen any mtb posts in the first month or so before I decided to signed up.
    If you are looking for an MTB forum I reccomend reddits r/MTB, lots of great posts and discussions going on over there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Yanu

Thanks gnarbarian, I'll have a look at reedit.

I see that beasty doesn't really think it would work to have a separate forum for us and I trust his judgement. He made a few comments on another post similar to this and I think he knows what he's talking about.

Anyway, we'll see… maybe in a while...

As I said in that forum request thread, if there's an appetite for an MTB megathread, the mod team can consider it. The problem this is if you get 2 or 3 topics running at the same time it can be difficult to follow

There may though be certain topics that posters feel will crop up regularly where we can start linking to dedicated thread in the FAQs - can't think of anything off my head at present but if a thread gets some momentum behind it we can think about something like that

Advertisement