Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raleigh Road Ace

• 18-02-2015 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭

Folks,

Someone was selling a 1980's Raleigh Road Ace on donedeal - the ad is gone (and so is the bike possibly!) but I'm just wondering if anyone would have a contact to the seller?

Cheers,

Brendan

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Folks,

Someone was selling a 1980's Raleigh Road Ace on donedeal - the ad is gone (and so is the bike possibly!) but I'm just wondering if anyone would have a contact to the seller?

Cheers,

Brendan

I has one of those circa 1990, beautiful bike ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Brendan Hennessy

Ah Rob,

If only 'has' was 'have', '1990' was '1980' and '....' was 'your for free'!

Brendan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I had a Raleigh Road Ace with Shimano 600 Select in the mid/late 1980s. Great bike. Then I learnt to drive and found a woman so sold the bike. In hindsight it was the sorriest sale I ever made :(

If I find the seller I won't be telling anybody :D

Indeed Crosstown,

I rode Alpe d'Huez on mine - I just had the frame and the nascent Shimano 105 and other bits and pieces:

9294048447_5a3316b912.jpg

You'll find even better ones of this parish's Tax Man here: http://www.oldvelos.com/velo-expo/

Here's hoping we all get reunited!

Brendan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hi Brendan, just had a quick Google on that done deal advert. The only result was for a 61cm Road Ace frame. Is this the advert you're talking about?

• Advertisement

That's the one! Is there a way of getting more info out of donedeal on it?

I'm going for the large frame as it would suit my bro in law but also be in my collection. I have a Peugeot Centenary which is loaded with the French equivalent parts of the time.

Of course is someone has a 22" frame, don't be shy!

Brendan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

I might be of some assistance to your needs.:)

Advertisement