Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle for Brian - Fundraiser

Options
  • 10-02-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,

I would like to get the word out about a charity cycle that we are running in aid of a friend of mine, Brian Magner. Brian, a keen cyclist, fell from his bicycle in November 2014 and suffered serious spinal injuries as a result. Brian spent almost 2 months in both CUH and Beaumont subsequent to the accident and he is currently in the National Rehabilitation Hospital in Dunlaoghaire where he is expected to remain for some time yet.

We are organising a cycle in aid of Brian which will run on Saturday the 28th March from Brians home town of Castletownroche North Cork. The event will cater to a range of cycling abilities with 20k, 55k and 85k routes planned and we hope to get as many cyclists on the road as possible. We do not have a local cycling club so the event is being ran in conjunction with our GAA club and insurance will be extended through the GAA. It will be ran in line with CI guidelines with appropriate Garda input in terms of route planning and traffic management, lead and trail cars and adequate marshaling.

Registration fee of €20 payable on the day and there will be food and refreshments served during and after the event. All support is greatly appreciated. If anyone has any queries in relation to the event please don't hesitate to contact me.

Further details can be found via the following;
    http://www.facebook.com/CycleForBrian
    http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cycle-for-brian-tickets-15668728589

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

What's the 85k route??

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hof1982

Hey eoz,

85km route attached.

Departing Castletownroche the route will take in Fermoy, Mitchelstown, Kildorerry, Doneraile, Newtwopothouse, Mallow and back to Castletownroche.

All route details are up on the eventbrite page - linked in 1st post.
    An other queries please let me know.

Advertisement