Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Praetorians ?

Options
  • 01-03-2003 10:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see this is released and am wondering if anybody has it and maybe some feedback?
    Demo was good .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

same here, interested but not willing to fork out 60 euro for a dunker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Send me your money instead =)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Nearly bought it the other day myself but I wasn't sure either if it was any good. Someone must know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

played the first tutorial last night ,not nuff to tell if it's ne good ,will play it more 2night and tell you all.;)

COMBATCOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

so any news on that ? good/bad/sucks ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

I played the pcgamer demo last nite. Quite good. Very age of empires controls. WIth teh same combat choices, e.g. turtle formation where the soldiers make a defensive shell of shields. This was quite good.

Seemed to flawless but. Whatever type of unit i came up against i just used the 'turtle formation', and lost very little units.

You basically chase enemies out of villages and tehn occupy them. Then you use a centurion to occupy a town and recruit locals for your army.

Features like building bridges bring a bit of change, but theres very little difference between this and other games in teh same genre. imo, i wouldnt buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Humm i played through all the tutorial's and some skirmishes and i have to say im kinda dissapointed ,there are some nice features like formations for your men but there is practically no building involved wotsoever, just one town center thing and a guard tower then it's just a case of pumping out men and cavelry,:confused: i dunno i like building a big base and defences but this is all attacking.not worth 60 euro tbh,Found this quote that more or less sums it up.

Pure strategic combat – forsaking base building and resource gathering, Praetorians allows you to focus entirely on commanding your armies.

I like huge battles but the units just have a big mosh in and you cant see whats happening, very annoying.COMBATCOW

Advertisement