Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing

Options
  • 05-03-2003 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

I read a reveiw of this a while ago, as far as I've heard,its not going to be released on europe,and it has to be bought on import. Can anybody tell me what kind of hardware I'd need to buy for the gc to play imported games, and where I can get both the hardware and the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mfield

Originally posted by Tizlox
    I read a reveiw of this a while ago, as far as I've heard,its not going to be released on europe,and it has to be bought on import. Can anybody tell me what kind of hardware I'd need to buy for the gc to play imported games, and where I can get both the hardware and the game?

You will be able to play it on your PAL Gamecube by getting Freeloader or Action Replay both of which are available from www.play.com
    You could buy the game itself from www.importmadness.co.uk, they are based in Canada.
    I have just ordered from them, ask them to mark your items as a gift so you have a good chance of not getting stung for duty!
    Make sure that your TV can take a 60hz signal (most modern TV's can) as this is what import games will play at.
    Hope this helps.

mfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep - I can confirm this - I have freeloader and Animal Crossing - works great !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Have it here too, works great with the Freeloader. Fantastic game, unfortunatly i have to wrestle the controller of my girlfriend when i want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Whats it about, guys? It looks like some kind of resource management game for kids.... whats the appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Hard to say TmB. Its so easy to play, first time i can ever say i found playing a game relaxing. There is no pressure to get a high score or complete a level, you can take your time and play for a couple of hours (very easy to do) or just 10 minutes.

The idea behind it is that you take care of your island and all the things living there. You go around pulling out weeds, fishing, collecting bugs, planting flowers and trees. If you collect a unique fish, bug or even fossil you can bring them to the museam for them to be shown of to everyone else.
    You can also sell everything you collect to earn money to pay of your mortgage so you can get bigger and bigger houses so you can fit more stuff in.
    Every day your house will be rated as to how good it looks.
    Different events happen on different days so you feel like you should log on every day and see how everyone is doing and what new items you can collect that day.
    You can link it up to a GBA to get extra features, you can even download the NES games you collect to the GBA so you can play em on the jacks.

Its bizarre, reading above it doesnt sound at all like a game i would play but i am about to grab the controller from my girlfriends hands all the same....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Sounds like Harvest Moon to me....... however that game was great fun for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

never heard of it ... did it get good reviews ? graphics etc ? is ti gud ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

once i finish eternal darkness im going to get it. its 30sterling on import madness. thats about 45e or maybe a bit less. ill have to get that freeloader thing also. whats the story with that, just boot up with it then run ur imported game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep - put in freeloader, after about 30 seconds it says "Insert Game Disc..." and that's it !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement