Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three groomsmen and 1 best man

Options
  • 03-03-2015 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Has anybody had or been at a wedding with three groomsman and 1 best man? If so what was the general perception ? Too many people ?

I Am in this situation all parties have been asked and I am having doubts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Loads and loads of times, why do you think it would be a problem??
    Not sure what kind of person would have an opinion that it's too many, it is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

I'm having 1 best man and 3 groomsmen. If it's what you want then just go with it.

I was a groomsman at my brother's wedding. He also had 3 groomsmen and 1 best man.

I've photographed my fair share of Weddings and I've seen it plenty of times.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We have 4 on either side. Nothing wrong with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

We had 3 groomsmen, 1 best man, 5 bridesmaids, 5 flower girls and a partridge in a pear tree.

It's your wedding have as many groomsmen as you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

We're also having 4 of each, I was the same as you thinking it was too many but then the more I thought of it, I've been at a few weddings with the same amount, last year I was at one with 5 bridesmaids and five groomsmen and nearly all weddings we've been at had 3 of each, so really, what difference does one more make!!ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The only issue I can see would be the cost of and logistics of kitting them all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

If you have already asked them, I think it would be extremely bad form to un-ask someone. Think about it, how hurt would that person be? You made you decision when you asked them all!! Stop sweating the small stuff move on and enjoy the wedding planning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

We are having 3 groomsmen and a best man too, and 3 bridesmaids a flower girl and a page boy. Uneven numbers but I don't care!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

4 groomsmen and 1 best man, thankfully 1 brother and 4 really good mates matched up with the wife's 5 sisters.

Didn't seem like too many

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I know there's a perception that there's something very traveller-esque about having loads of bridesmaids and groomsmen, but I think that's quite old-fashioned, more something that was believed in the 60s and 70s. Back then it was typical to have a best man/maid of honour who was a good friend rather than a sibling. Having a big wedding party was ostentatious and tacky.

Plenty of people have bigger wedding parties now because they have brothers and sisters they want to include in the whole celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

We are having 3 groomsmen and a best man too. We originally decided on 2+1 each but when it came down to it my Fiancee couldnt decide between two people so we decided to just extend it rather than having to make a decision she wasnt happy with. Ive been to a number of weddings in the last couple of years with 4 each side so I dont think it is anything out of the ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

OP, we are also having 3 groomsmen and a best man. I'm having 2 bridesmaids and maid of honour. I think people were surprised we are having so many but it's nice to include people and I think 3/4 is a normal enough number. Been at plenty of weddings with that amount!

Regards expense, the lads are wearing their own suits so we just got the ties. I wasn't too fussed about them matching exactly and they'll all be in the one colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Do it.

Advertisement