Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sauce or gravy to go with pineapple and mango stuffed chicken?

Options
  • 07-02-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I'm just getting into eating meat and tonight I have a pineapple and mango stuffed chicken breast that I got from the butchers. Wondering if I should have some sort of sauce or gravy to go with it :confused: Any suggestions? I don't have a lot in the kitchen at the moment but might be able to make something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Knowall Macduff

caramelise some honey on a pan, add the juice of a lime, lemon, or orange, delish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks! Never made carmalised honey before so not sure if I didn't caramalise it enough or didn't add enough lemon as it was very sweet. Tasty though!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

mel.b wrote: »
    Thanks! Never made carmalised honey before so not sure if I didn't caramalise it enough or didn't add enough lemon as it was very sweet. Tasty though!

I would say next time add some stock or other liquid, as the honey itself will be too sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Was the combo nice? The idea of mango and pineapple stuffed chicken, to me, is absolutely disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ijusty

I would have went with a nice homemade salsa

• Advertisement
Advertisement