Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Check engine light removed!

• 11-07-2014 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi! In need of advice please! I bought a car in <SNIP> in Waterford.. Straight away check engine light was on so brought it back, <SNIP> said was an air flow meteor and would sort it.. He gave me back car and light was off. I have since had a hell of a lot of trouble with car but now my mechanic tells me the air flow was never replaced with a fully working one, just one from a scrap yard and what had been done was the bulb from check engine light was removed!! Surely this can't be legal? Every happened anyone else?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

how long have you had the car?

if you can get independent proof the light was switched off then, I would write to the company asking for a refund.

I take it car had no hope of passing an nct?

if you get nowhere you may have to approach the small claims court, if it is less than 2000 Euro.

if it is more then that, then a solicitor is your only option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving this thread to the Motors forum

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

It sounds like it might be a recent purchase?

I would seek some legal advice and find out your rights. No matter what offer or move they make at this stage i would be looking to return the car to them for cash, after that stunt i wouldn't be happy with them fixing current car or supplying another one. Absolute cowboys.

Advertisement