Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Beepbeep.ie: Good valuations?

Options
  • 10-07-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

So I am trying to sell my car and this site said it was worth a lot more than I expected.. It quoted €4,150 for a 2004 Toyota Corolla with 113,000 Miles. In great condition.. Am I right in thinking this sounds like a lot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Its nonsense, based on dealers asking prices.
    Is yours a saloon or hatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Its nonsense, based on dealers asking prices.
    Is yours a saloon or hatch?

It's a Hatch

Is it terra/luna/uk spec? Early 02-04 type or facelift 04-06 type?
    Good colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It's a Hatch

i paid €3.7k for my 04 5dr facelift hatch corolla there last month. it had 2 previous owners, 6 months test, 150k miles, t3 spec in very good condition. it was a private sale.

i thought it a fair price. there was plenty of them asking €4k+. had a look at one or two in the €3 - 3.5k bracket and they were ok, not great, either rough bodys, patchy historys, expired tests or huge miles.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is it terra/luna/uk spec? Early 02-04 type or facelift 04-06 type?
    Good colour?

It's a really nice red 3 door T2. Not sure if that's the early or late spec. Late I think..
    I just had it serviced and all it needed was an oil & filter change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

does your car have the teardrop headlights, that's how to tell if it's early or late spec.

early front:
    540x405_toyota-corolla-e-3340746.jpg

late front:
    41900fd143bcd622ed0a584380c72532.jpg

It's a really nice red 3 door T2. Not sure if that's the early or late spec. Late I think..
    I just had it serviced and all it needed was an oil & filter change.

Advertise at €3950, take €3700. t2 isn't the most desirable of specs but is still better than Irish Terra spec.
    3 doors and colour will help it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

The only time Beepbeep.ie is good for valuations is when you're fighting your corner for an insurance claim.

Thanks for all your advice. I guess I won't be getting €4150 lol.:)

Advertisement