Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well from browsing the t'internet we can expect a very attacking type of 4-3-3 with genuine wingers or a variation of 4-2-1-2-1.

We are used to the 4-3-3 froamtion, since Mourihno came this was our staple diet until the tail end of last year when we went to a more progressive 4-4-2 with our wide men pushing inside and one of the strikers dropping deep to link play and allow the Full backs to bomb on.

If we line up 4-3-3 next year it will be interesting to see if its wingers ( Kalou, Malouda, Sturridge) or will it be with support strikers ( Anelka, Kakuta)

The 4-2-1-2-1 I mentioned basically gives us teo holdings CM's with one very advanced playing behind a front 3 that focus on a central striker with 2 supporting players switching wings and coming inside or hitting the line, the FB's have a huge job of getting up in support also, think of a Barcelona type system if you will.

I think we're better suited to play 4-3-3 with our current squad but with investment we could switch to 4-2-1-2-1. What we need for that formation is a creative CM, like Modric/Sneijder/Mouthino.

Cant wait to see what he plays and who he plays where.

He could prove us wrong and go classic 4-4-2 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

If you believe that Chelsea will play 4-3-3 with genuine wingers that means they will look top heavy on strikers with Lukaku said to be arriving along with Sturridge returning.
    I'd imagine it will be Torres up top with the wingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

amiable wrote: »
    If you believe that Chelsea will play 4-3-3 with genuine wingers that means they will look top heavy on strikers with Lukaku said to be arriving along with Sturridge returning.

Plus they will need to sign some genuine wingers as there aren;t really any at the club. Malouda is the closest they have but I wouldn't call him a classic winger either.

Interesting times at Chelsea. Big pressure on the new man's shoulders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gavredking wrote: »
    Well from browsing the t'internet we can expect a very attacking type of 4-3-3 with genuine wingers or a variation of 4-2-1-2-1.

We are used to the 4-3-3 froamtion, since Mourihno came this was our staple diet until the tail end of last year when we went to a more progressive 4-4-2 with our wide men pushing inside and one of the strikers dropping deep to link play and allow the Full backs to bomb on.

If we line up 4-3-3 next year it will be interesting to see if its wingers ( Kalou, Malouda, Sturridge) or will it be with support strikers ( Anelka, Kakuta)

The 4-2-1-2-1 I mentioned basically gives us teo holdings CM's with one very advanced playing behind a front 3 that focus on a central striker with 2 supporting players switching wings and coming inside or hitting the line, the FB's have a huge job of getting up in support also, think of a Barcelona type system if you will.

I think we're better suited to play 4-3-3 with our current squad but with investment we could switch to 4-2-1-2-1. What we need for that formation is a creative CM, like Modric/Sneijder/Mouthino.

Cant wait to see what he plays and who he plays where.

He could prove us wrong and go classic 4-4-2 :P

He played 4-3-3 very attacking, had no CDM's and kept only 3 clean sheets in his last 15 games. So a bit like Arsenal then!

Very entertaining i'm sure! :eek:

amiable wrote: »

We dont have real wingers, my point was that seems to be his preferred formation but only time and signatures will tell.

If Lukaku comes in, he can play either the support role or the wide role, albeit hes not a winger he has played from wide.
    flahavaj wrote: »
    Plus they will need to sign some genuine wingers as there aren;t really any at the club. Malouda is the closest they have but I wouldn't call him a classic winger either.

Interesting times at Chelsea. Big pressure on the new man's shoulders.

See my post above, im a fan of 4-3-3 when it involves the players coming off the wings and playing a support role and allowing to FB's to go forward.

It all depends on what Villa Boas wants to do, at the moment we dont have a winger like Nani or Bale or somebody like Sanchez but I'd be happy to go 4-3-3 with support players if the players that came in we're able to play there, like Neymar or Aguero.

We dont have real wingers, my point was that seems to be his preferred formation but only time and signatures will tell.

If Lukaku comes in, he can play either the support role or the wide role, albeit hes not a winger he has played from wide.

See my post above, im a fan of 4-3-3 when it involves the players coming off the wings and playing a support role and allowing to FB's to go forward.

It all depends on what Villa Boas wants to do, at the moment we dont have a winger like Nani or Bale or somebody like Sanchez but I'd be happy to go 4-3-3 with support players if the players that came in we're able to play there, like Neymar or Aguero.

Ok Gav, I will get you Neymar and Aquero, but its bye bye to Kalou, Malouda, Bose and anelka.
    And I expect lots of goals mind!

Ok Gav, I will get you Neymar and Aquero, but its bye bye to Kalou, Malouda, Bose and anelka.
    And I expect lots of goals mind!

Thanks Roman, i'll even gift wrap ya them players if ya'd like. Sure while we're at you might as well throw in Zhirkov and Benayoun to, we already have Van Aanholt and Bertrand for LB and Moutihno can slot in to the AM/CM position.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Can we not hold onto Bosingwa for another year? I kind of liked the interchange between him and Ivanovic personally. Say toodles and thank you for the service to Paulo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

From what ive read, with Porto he changed from 4-3-3 using two DMs to instead a 4-3-3 with one DM Fernando and then two AMCs Gaurin & Moutinho which should be right up our alley given the players available to him at Chelsea.

In the front 3 they seem to play with Falcao centre and then Varela on the left who is a winger, but then Hulk on the right who is a striker/winger, so hard to tell what he favours in his front three.

papagormo wrote: »
    Can we not hold onto Bosingwa for another year? I kind of liked the interchange between him and Ivanovic personally. Say toodles and thank you for the service to Paulo.

Paulo to sign 10 year extension. :)

Well I'd rather keep Bosingwa, hes much better goign forward then Ivanovic but Ivanovic can play CB also.

If I had my way I'd sell Bosingwa and Play Luiz out there, think of Sergio Ramos but better in every department and keep Ivanovic to rotate with Alex and JT and Luiz if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ferreira still has 2 years to run on his deal I think, he's on at least 80k a week too, so he has no reason to move, he won't get that anywhere else. Bos will def move on, think he has the choice to activate a year extension but he'll prob move to somewhere like Juve and get a decent signing on fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Paulo to sign 10 year extension. :)
    Haha, good luck with that!:pac:
    If I had my way I'd sell Bosingwa and Play Luiz out there, think of Sergio Ramos but better in every department and keep Ivanovic to rotate with Alex and JT and Luiz if needed.

I'd like to see Luiz deployed as a defensive midfielder before having him out on the RB position myself. While I'm at it, try Bosingwa out on the wings every once in a while, and have Ivanovic playing RB.
    Plenty a options according to me!:pac:

Also by the looks of it this is an appointment with an eye firmly on the future. Hopefully he is given time to build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Luiz has a killer pass, and a good finish. But I would let him decide and not force him anywhere uncomfortable.

I'd like to see Luiz deployed as a defensive midfielder before having him out on the RB position myself. While I'm at it, try Bosingwa out on the wings every once in a while, and have Ivanovic playing RB.

Yeah that has been talked about a lot given how comfortable Luiz is on the ball and he has a decent range of passing. Funnily enough it's his tackling I'd be most worried about, don't think he is disciplined enough yet to play there. Such an important position, they have to cover for everyone in the back 4 and also do the donkey work in the middle of the park chasing everything, look at the ground Maka used to cover during the games, he'd be averaging maybe 2 KM's more than any other player on the team.

Haha, good luck with that!:pac:

Agreed, as a DM he would be immense, all action too, who needs a defending DM....ppppffffftttt. :)
    Luiz has a killer pass, and a good finish. But I would let him decide and not force him anywhere uncomfortable.

Luiz can play anywhere.....fact.

Hes Brazilian they just are born with it. :pac:

I'd say play him upfront if Torres starts bad, throw Drogab in CB, nobody beats Drogba in the air so Drogba at Cb against Stoke to deal with long balls and Luiz upfront to shimmy around the Stoke CB's :pac:
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah that has been talked about a lot given how comfortable Luiz is on the ball and he has a decent range of passing. Funnily enough it's his tackling I'd be most worried about, don't think he is disciplined enough yet to play there. Such an important position, they have to cover for everyone in the back 4 and also do the donkey work in the middle of the park chasing everything, look at the ground Maka used to cover during the games, he'd be averaging maybe 2 KM's more than any other player on the team.

I think Luiz could play there, he does look to be well capable of palying anywhere.

On his tackling, hes a defender who likes to get close and try and nip the ball away, it doesnt always work but when it does it stops atatck and your automatically on the counter, sure in the Fulham game he was MoTM aster giving away a penalty and for excuiting the best over head kick of the season. ;)

I f**king love Luiz. :pac:

Also, you have the best username ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Get that humble pie ready Gav, loks like I was wrong about Guus. :D

smuckers wrote: »
    Get that humble pie ready Gav, loks like I was wrong about Guus. :D

I think we can all have piece of that pie. :o

It was only a few days ago we we're expecting Guus to be taking over.

I'm not pee'd though Villas Boas will do perfectly.

• Advertisement

Transfer Rumours!

The Drog

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8492/0/ac-milan-make-formal-approach-chelseas-didier-drogba

Sanchez to Barca is 80% done for 40 million :(

Falcao has a 27 million release clause

We are thinking of offering Essien in the Spuds deal for Modric, Modric not impressed with the type of player the Spuds think will help them get top four (Gary Cahill and selling Fellini)

Cheryl's getting back with Cole! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Modric not impressed with the type of player the Spuds think will help them get top four (selling Fellini)

What do you mean, selling Fellaini?

Transfer Rumours!

The Drog

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8492/0/ac-milan-make-formal-approach-chelseas-didier-drogba [

Sanchez to Barca is 80% done for 40 million :(

Falcao has a 27 million release clause

We are thinking of offering Essien in the Spuds deal for Modric, Modric not impressed with the type of player the Spuds think will help them get top four (Gary Cahill and selling Fellini)

Cheryl's getting back with Cole! :eek:

On the Drog, they can have him if they want IMO. Once we get Lukaku and we have Danny comig back that would be perfect.

Sanchez isnt a great lose IMO as £40 Million is way to much for him if you ask me.

I dont want to waste money on Falcao, especially if its going to cost that amount of money.

Swapping Essien for Modric is nearly as bad as giving Spurs 30 + Million straight out for Modric. Bad business. If Modric isnt happy thats his problem, I thnik Cahill and Fellaini for spurs would be good signings.

No problem with Ashely getting back with Cheryl, whatever makes them happy and all that.

:D

G.K. wrote: »

ME FAIL! different club same reason - wants CL football

G.K. wrote: »

Im pretty sure he meant buying Fellaini as it says Modric isnt impressed and deosnt believe that these players ( Cahill and Fellaini ) will help spurs break into the top 4 again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

On the Drog, they can have him if they want IMO. Once we get Lukaku and we have Danny comig back that would be perfect.

Sanchez isnt a great lose IMO as £40 Million is way to much for him if you ask me.

I dont want to waste money on Falcao, especially if its going to cost that amount of money.

Swapping Essien for Modric is nearly as bad as giving Spurs 30 + Million straight out for Modric. Bad business. If Modric isnt happy thats his problem, I thnik Cahill and Fellaini for spurs would be good signings.

No problem with Ashely getting back with Cheryl, whatever makes them happy and all that.

:D

Cant see Drogs going anywhere , earning top money as it is and I think he knows himself he is no longer at his peak and a bit part season will prob suit him to the ground.

Essien for Modric , alrite , he had a bad season just gone but this is just silly talk there is no way we would sell potentially one of our best players , offer the money out straight for LM but a player of Essiens calibre would be worth 35+ going in todays market and he would come back to haunt you if sold him!

• Advertisement

Cant see Drogs going anywhere , earning top money as it is and I think he knows himself he is no longer at his peak and a bit part season will prob suit him to the ground.

Essien for Modric , alrite , he had a bad season just gone but this is just silly talk there is no way we would sell potentially one of our best players , offer the money out straight for LM but a player of Essiens calibre would be worth 35+ going in todays market and he would come back to haunt you if sold him!

Italy would suit Drogab though, less pace and his power would be a huge advantage to a team.

Also on Essien, there is no way we will sell or swap him to another EPL club. Not a chance in hell. There is not many in our midfield last year that can say they played well for a sustained period but himself and Lamps still did ok, thought Ramires grew into his role and cant wait to see his progression next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

LanceStorm wrote: »
    In fairness at Porto he didnt do any of the transfers either, he just managed the team, maybe thats what we need, someone to say give me players and i'll turn them into a winning team!!

While in theory you're right, and it has proven to work, but it has to be implemented correctly. There's a difference between a manager only coaching the players, and a manager who is forced to play certain players from powers higher up. Ideally you're looking at a Spanish setup, where there's a coach who tells the people above that they need to strengthen position x, and then those people go and compile a list of possible targets.

It won't work if Roman goes off being the lone cowboy and forces him to play out of form and jaded players just because he spent alot of money on them. At the same time, Villa Boas looks to be in the right mould for the job. He's the same type of coach as Pep and Emery, young, full of bright ideas, and painstakingly detailed in how he approaches his job. If given proper reign I reckon Chelsea may move up a gear in the next few years, but I still think the sacking of Carlo was disgraceful.

Also, I'd be a little weary of looking at raiding that Porto side, what they achieved was incredible, but I've a feeling it was a sum of the parts being greater than each individual kinda thing. Falcao looks brilliant, but I really think Hulk would seriously struggle if he was in any other side.

And, Sanchez will be a Barca player, suck that haterzzzz.... :p

eZe^ wrote: »
    While in theory you're right, and it has proven to work, but it has to be implemented correctly. There's a difference between a manager only coaching the players, and a manager who is forced to play certain players from powers higher up. Ideally you're looking at a Spanish setup, where there's a coach who tells the people above that they need to strengthen position x, and then those people go and compile a list of possible targets.

It won't work if Roman goes off being the lone cowboy and forces him to play out of form and jaded players just because he spent alot of money on them. At the same time, although Villa Boas looks to be in the right mould for the job. He's the same type of coach as Pep and Emery, young, full of bright ideas, and painstakingly detailed in how he approaches his job. If given proper reign I reckon Chelsea may move up a gear in the next few years, but I still think the sacking of Carlo was disgraceful.

Also, I'd be a little weary of looking at raiding that Porto side, what they achieved was incredible, but I've a feeling it was a sum of the parts being greater than each individual kinda thing. Falcao looks brilliant, but I really think Hulk would seriously struggle if he was in any other side.

Ye can have him, we're spending our £40 million on Neymar.

So :P ye.

Also, good, informative post. :)

eZe^ wrote: »

We'll have Villa mate ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

He's honestly the worst diver I've ever seen, he'll probably grow out of it once he leaves Serie A, as Brazil seems to be ridiculous when it comes to fouls per match. He was recently complaining about the leniency given to fouling in the Copa Libertadores, and that isn't quite the bastion of honesty either really. I guarantee he'll frustrate the fcuk out of you for about 2 seasons.

Plus, he's going to los blancos anyway. :p

So this thread has gone boring. 10am tomorrow lads :P

for 25 million plus an unknown player, I doubt it! we've supposedly outbid that already and been shot down! have to say after being through a thousand footy websites in the last few days with all this speculation, talksport is rubbish!

So this thread has gone boring. 10am tomorrow lads :P

Hmmmm or maybe not

Chelsea TV are doing a "speculation spotlight" clip

and theres a 6.30 update?!! :eek:

CHELSEA TV HEADLINES: SPECULATION SPOTLIGHT

Posted on: Tue 21 Jun 2011
    Chelsea Football Club has been much in the media during Tuesday, as reported by Chelsea TV in its late afternoon news bulletin that be viewed here.
    Blue News will be back with a 15-minute bulletin at 6.30pm on Chelsea TV and CTV Online.

And I think theres one at 10pm as well

Could be nothing of course, but its very unusual for chelsea to highlight it ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Apolgises if already posted.
    Official: FC Porto confirm Vitor Pereira as new coach
    He was Villa Boas assistant for those who don't know. A matter of time now till Villa Boas takes over the reigns at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Expecting something like this to happen,

Villas Boas to Inter.

Avram Grant to Chelsea.

I wonder if we'll wait until tmro to annouce him, seems pointless to annouce it tonight, may aswell dominate all the press again tmro!

interesting times coming up, possible lukaku signing, neymar finishes the copa lib tmro so might be willing to talk, then possibly going back for modric or maybe now moutinho?

i hate transfer season but i looooooove it!!!!

We paid the money, deal should be done by tonight.(methinks)

LanceStorm wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll wait until tmro to annouce him, seems pointless to annouce it tonight, may aswell dominate all the press again tmro!

interesting times coming up, possible lukaku signing, neymar finishes the copa lib tmro so might be willing to talk, then possibly going back for modric or maybe now moutinho?

i hate transfer season but i looooooove it!!!!

Moutinho wouldn't cut it for you guys IMO, I still think Porto can do far better than him tbh. Very hit and miss but thankfully for his sake when he is missing there's an abundance of players to cover for him. I'd be all over Guarin if you're looking at their midfielders. Box to box midfielder who can play all over midfield or as a winger. Really rate him as a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

How much have Chelsea spent on managers in the Abramovic era? Must be over £100m now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Liam O wrote: »
    How much have Chelsea spent on managers in the Abramovic era? Must be over £100m now?

Roman has spent about 60mill on managers. As long as he foots the bill I don't care:D

I love Villas-Boas. :D

League coming back next season. ;)

chelsea have officially confirmed therein talks with villas boas, will be announced tonight or tomorrow

**** YES:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Apolgises if already posted.

He was Villa Boas assistant for those who don't know. A matter of time now till Villa Boas takes over the reigns at Chelsea.

I've put 50 on Vitor Pereira to be new Chelsea manager in 2 seasons.

Not long now. On the main site,

VILLAS-BOAS INTEREST CONFIRMED
    Posted on: Tue 21 Jun 2011

Chelsea Football Club released the following statement on Tuesday evening:

'We note that the release clause of Andre Villas-Boas has been activated. We can at this time confirm our interest in him and hope to reach agreement with him on personal terms and make a further announcement in the near future.'

Liam O wrote: »

Richard Buxton
    In the past seven years, #Chelsea have paid a reported £55.8M in severance packages for managers. Villas Boas would take it to £69.3M #CFC

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Is that just managers? Probably doesn't include fees for Arnesen and staff that were let go along with the manager.

Lads this is a fascinating interview/press conference with villas boas taken some time ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU409a0XQNA

Talks a lot about chelsea, starts about 5 mins

Extremely engaging and thoughtful

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Lads this is a fascinating interview/press conference with villas boas taken some time ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU409a0XQNA

Talks a lot about chelsea, starts about 5 mins

Extremely engaging and thoughtful

I love this guy already. :o

• Advertisement

Probably our first proper manager since Mourinho

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement