Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTEA to JSA

• 16-06-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi, my friend came to me for advice as i'm good at researching things on the net. But this one has me..
    My friend just completed a 2 year course in cheffing. She was on BTEA while doing this, paid dole rate of 197 for 1st year and 149 for second year (No explanation for lower rate on second year except for cut backs!)
    She has now finished and been searching for a job for the last 2 months to no avail. She went into the Social Welfare office to request to be transferred back to dole. She had also moved to a cheaper location as she no longer needed to be so close to the city for college. So her claim was suspended until she presented herself at the new area Social Welfare office. She's was told she had to be means tested.. so she did all the forms, shes 30 and no kids, no property, no savings due to college, etc. should be simple. But now there saying there is a 4 month back log to see the means test officer.

How is she meant to survive that long with no payment? Will the community welfare officer help? If so will they help for 4months? Its seems crazy that will all the ppl in the public service they cant reduce this back log..

Can Anyone advise?

Comments

Advertisement