Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nascar 2014

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Massive wreck on the backstretch in the Cup race at the Glen. Reminiscent of the Jeff Gordon/Hornish crash from a few years back.

Michael McDowell got collected and absolutely destroyed the Armco where he hit.

BussFPgCYAIm1VB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

djimi wrote: »
    Stewart is going to be in a lot of trouble for this. The other guy was stupid to run over and start waving his arms at a moving race car (even if it was under caution), but it looks very much like Stewart revved up to give him a scare and it went too far. Very strange incident to watch; christ only knows what was going through Stewarts head. He isnt the most level headed of individuals at the best of times...

It did seem like Stewart sped up and veered towards him. There's also a revving sound on the film at coincidentally the same time, it certainly makes it look like Stewart revved at the same time as his car lurched towards Ward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Infoanon

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Massive wreck on the backstretch in the Cup race at the Glen. Reminiscent of the Jeff Gordon/Hornish crash from a few years back.

Michael McDowell got collected and absolutely destroyed the Armco where he hit.

BussFPgCYAIm1VB.jpg

F1 and Indycar stopped racing at this circuit for a reason - apparently $10m needed to bring the circuit up to modern standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jaysus that was a big one:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

What French speaking channel is that ripped from? ^^^

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Infoanon wrote: »
    F1 and Indycar stopped racing at this circuit for a reason - apparently $10m needed to bring the circuit up to modern standards.

Eh, I think IndyCar stopped racing there because of the falling out with ISC that removed Chicagoland, Homestead, Kansas, and the Glen from the schedule in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Just watched the youtube clip. Hard to watch giving what happened. I do not think Stewart knew what happened (granted do not no anything about him) The driver did a very stupid thing by getting out of his car and going into a track where cars/buggys were still going fast. What was he thinking. That being said very sad to have someone die like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Cracking finish, which is sort of a shame because it looks like Ambrose may be headed back to V8 Supercars next season :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

No charges against Stewart.

Eh, I think IndyCar stopped racing there because of the falling out with ISC that removed Chicagoland, Homestead, Kansas, and the Glen from the schedule in 2011.

Very true,Safety was a major issue at the Glen and undoubtedly a factor, re the ISC fallout Fontana is an ISC track and arguably the jewel in the crown for Indycar to retain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

On-Track Incident Procedure -- During an Event,
    Rule change for exiting a car during a race, directly as a result of Kevin Ward Jr.s death .

It's already being refereed to as the Kevin Ward Jr. Rule

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-rule-change-drivers-stay-in-their-cars-unless-emergency-tony-stewart-kevin-ward-081514?cmpid=tsmfb%3Afscom%3Anascaronfox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Missed this year's season up to now. Suppose I missed loads. I'd be a harvick follower myself. What's the 5 sec summary on the season so far?

Reggie. wrote: »
    Missed this year's season up to now. Suppose I missed loads. I'd be a harvick follower myself. What's the 5 sec summary on the season so far?

Henderick powers ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

In-case anyone here has missed it the nascar youtube channel has uploaded full coverage of recent races
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOfficialNASCAR

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭youwhoglue

Great last 50 laps in Chicagoland! :cool:

Did Nascar hit on an excellent playoff format? It's making for great racing so I think so.

youwhoglue wrote: »
    Did Nascar hit on an excellent playoff format? It's making for great racing so I think so.

Any and all playoff formats are pretty terrible. The Chase, especially in this form, essentially makes the first 26 races a moot point if you win one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The Chase encourages drivers to actually go for the win though rather than playing it safe and racking up the top 10s. Ridiculous as it sounds, it was a necessary evil when it first came about.

The "post-season" format is just a feature of US sports. I quite like it tbh; it adds a lot of excitement to the end of the season.

Anyone watching the races on Setanta? What do they do when they go to one of their many ad breaks in the US; do they go to an ad also or does it just show a stream with no commentary? Im tempted to sign up for the remaining Chase races but I have no interest in watching Setanta ads every 2 minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Last season when I had the channel it was as you describe, ads only every 15mins or so, with a small screen fixed camera with no commentary during the other US breaks.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Hmmm. I really dont want to pay €16 a month just to watch NASCAR but it might be the easiest way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 Garryowen Red

Who's going to be watching the Homestead race this weekend? Logano v Harvick v Hamlin v Newman for all the marbles, it's contrived with the Chase eliminations rubbish but it will be some exciting race. Harvick is the favourite I'd say, only just from Logano though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,387 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

all 4 still in it and near the front, will be interesting to see how it works out, might get messy at the end if they're all still there

15 laps to go, interesting tyre choices

and another caution

Ugh, can't stand Harvick. Totally undeserved champion...

This format is pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Ugh, can't stand Harvick. Totally undeserved champion...

This format is pants.

Why's that

The format did what it was supposed to and in fairness all four finalists were in contention most of the race. But the format does mean it a bit of a lottery for the last race and on a track that suits a certain driver he'll have a huge advantage. I think points would be fairer but there'd be lot less drama

Advertisement