Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2014: Round 18 - Brazilian Grand Prix

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Costly spin by Hamilton. Undone his good good work in keeping something in his tyres and that amazing speed to create the opportunity. Rosberg and Toto said he managed the gap after that, 7 seconds to practically the whole final stint in the DRS zone? That's not managing the gap. Hamilton had the edge in race pace, just Sector 2 allowed Nico some breathing space every lap.

Rosberg didn't crumble so congratulation to him. It was Hamilton who made the mistake, a collector's item this season. But nothing really changes. Same again in Abu Dhabi will do Lewis fine. This has bought Nico some leeway but it's a one-two every time with this car unless something happens so he is still relying on Hamilton retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Imagine the drama if T1 at Abu Dhabi was a copy of T1 at Suzuka in 1991...

I had visions of Hamilton putting it in the wall today giving rosberg the lead into the last race.
    I don't think rosberg would have been able to resist taking them both out in an accidental fashion at turn one if it was going to hand him the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I would like to see Massa make it to the podium on Sunday.

And he did. Yay!

Double points could still decide it. Hopefully it won't though, Rosberg will win and Hamilton will retire, fair and square. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Just watching the highlights now on BBC and someone mentioned that this race ISN'T fuel limited? Whats that all about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Top Dog wrote: »
    Just watching the highlights now on BBC and someone mentioned that this race ISN'T fuel limited? Whats that all about?

It has the same 100 kg limit. They just meant that fuel is not so critical at this track and in effect some teams may choose to go to the grid with less than the max allowance on board to save weight.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I enjoyed that race! The shorter laps meant there was a lot more grouping of cars. I actually thought the race went byvquicker than any other of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Seems like Hamilton's spin was largely down to being caught off guard by his team. From what he's said, hammer time is usually 1 good lap then box - but they left him out for a second lap. He just had no grip in the rear tyres to stay out. Bad communication I'd say he's none to happy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Seems like Hamilton's spin was largely down to being caught off guard by his team. From what he's said, hammer time is usually 1 good lap then box - but they left him out for a second lap. He just had no grip in the rear tyres to stay out. Bad communication I'd say he's none to happy about.

He admitted it was his mistake, the team knew he hadn't made up enough time to jump Rosberg so they let him say out for an extra lap.

He also said he had the brake bias too far towards the rear and dropped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Gintonious wrote: »
    He admitted it was his mistake, the team knew he hadn't made up enough time to jump Rosberg so they let him say out for an extra lap.

He also said he had the brake bias too far towards the rear and dropped it.

It was definitely his mistake alright, but he probably would have managed tyres better if he knew he was doing 2 laps.
    Naturally, you'll always be disappointed when you make a mistake and I did that today. But honestly, I felt great out there. The car was strong, my pace was good, I didn't give up, kept pushing and made up the time so that's what's most important to me. Generally, when I'm told to push it means the team is bringing me in that lap so that's what I did. In the end, they left me out for another lap which caught me by surprise. By the time I came round to do the second lap my rear tyres were gone from where I'd been pushing so hard. Even so, it was my mistake locking up the rears and ultimately that cost me the win. Nico drove a great race - defending well and not making any mistakes. But it's clear I had the pace. It's not a big deal, though. That's motor racing. Obviously, I lost some points which is disappointing. But it's a great team result with a record-breaking one-two finish and I really enjoyed the race. The car is just fantastic - the best I've ever driven - so a big thank you to the team for all their hard work. I'll be pushing just as hard in Abu Dhabi and hopefully we'll get to have another great race like we saw today.

Here's what he posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

It was definitely his mistake alright, but he probably would have managed tyres better if he knew he was doing 2 laps.

Here's what he posted.

I think the Lewis of old wouldn't have been so forth coming, its good to see him like this lately.

I still think a driver of his caliber would/should be able to gauge weather his car has grip or not. And him knowing that he would have to do another lap would indicate to him the tyres aren't at full tilt anymore.

I still fancy him to take the title as well, he took second today and looked very comfortable to do so as well (thinking back to Italy where he pushed regardless of the teams instructions).

Mind you...those dam double points!

Advertisement