Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vrt

Options
  • 25-06-2014 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Hey guys..

I have an old 306 on english plates that I was considering putting on the road.

However according to vrt.ie the vrt is €600 based on emissions.

Another guy was adamant vrt is only €350.

Is all vrt based on emissions now or on car value?

Bit confused, if the vrt due is €600 I won't be paying....

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What are the emissions as per the uk v5 document?

How long is it in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What are the emissions as per the uk v5 document?

How long is it in the country?
    Emissions section on the v5 is left blank

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Then I'd imagine they just charge the top 36% rate at an OMSP of €2000

Ie €700 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Then I'd imagine they just charge the top 36% rate at an OMSP of €2000

Ie €700 ish
    Yeah thats what I feared, not happening so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 donalmar

hi

i have recently bought a car in ireland with uk plates on it. it is €1900 to change it to irish plates. however, my sister and her partner are living in the uk and working, is there anyway i can put the car in there name and get them to change it when there home on holidays in August and save me €1900 on vrt...???? any help would be great..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

donalmar wrote: »
    hi

i have recently bought a car in ireland with uk plates on it. it is €1900 to change it to irish plates. however, my sister and her partner are living in the uk and working, is there anyway i can put the car in there name and get them to change it when there home on holidays in August and save me €1900 on vrt...???? any help would be great..

No

• Registered Users Posts: 51,146 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

And we are off again!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

donalmar wrote: »
    hi

They would have to have owned the car in the UK for 6 months then prove that they are moving over here, and then they cannot sell the car for a year I think or they would have to pay the VRT.

In other words, no!

Advertisement