Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flashing Air Conditioning Light - '07 Avensis

• 05-07-2014 11:39pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I noticed this evening that when I'm parked the light above the air conditioning button was flashing, when I was moving it was on consistently as normal. Any ideas who to do/try/what the issue is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Clareman wrote: »
    Hi all,

I noticed this evening that when I'm parked the light above the air conditioning button was flashing, when I was moving it was on consistently as normal. Any ideas who to do/try/what the issue is?

Flashing light means there is a fault code. (Get system scanned )Could be many things from compressor issue to low gas, is ac working ok?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Seems to be working ok when I'm moving, I did take the centre console out to put in a new car kit which might have effected something. I've a bluetooth ODBII connector, must hook it up tomorrow morning to see if anything shows up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Seems to be working ok when I'm moving, I did take the centre console out to put in a new car kit which might have effected something. I've a bluetooth ODBII connector, must hook it up tomorrow morning to see if anything shows up.

Nothing will show up you need to be able to scan AC system which euro,obd doesn't, try disconnecting battery for5min then check again for flashing light.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I went out this morning to hook up the link to see if there were any errors (I figured it could help with the car kit as well), I noticed that the air con is working perfectly again now, very strange.

I went for a drive and I noticed that when I'm driving the Air Con works normally but once I stop, even at traffic lights, that the light starts flashing again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭whizbang

Low pressure in system, just needs top up.

Would that be something I'd be able to do myself or would I have to bring it to someone? If I've to bring it somewhere, any recommendations in the Ennis/Limerick area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Would that be something I'd be able to do myself or would I have to bring it to someone? If I've to bring it somewhere, any recommendations in the Ennis/Limerick area?

QuikFIt / Fastfit, they do A/C refills, for the same price or maybe less than a refill canister in halfords.

I used a refill canister from halfords, and TBH, i would go to QuikFIt / Fastfit if i ever need it done again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

If this is the light on the little circular button then it is not likely a gas problem and more likely a loose wire or maybe the button itself.
    My advice is drive away til for the minute. If you know someone with an avensis like yours/mine between 03 and 08 without climate control you can easily swap the units between the cars and see if that is the problem. I suspect it is.

If you want to PM me I can see if we are living far away from each other and if not you can test it with my unit.

I did take out the unit a few times over the weekend to put in a car kit, there might be a lose cable in there, I'll check again over the next couple of days.

• Advertisement

To check this.
    Twist off the gear knob - hehe knob.
    pull the leather gator up.
    If the leather separates from the plastic then pull the plastic around the gear stick gator up.
    You should now be able to get your hand in behind the heater controls and make sure the connections feel tight.
    Should save you stripping down the whole dash.

To check this.
    Twist off the gear knob - hehe knob.
    pull the leather gator up.
    If the leather separates from the plastic then pull the plastic around the gear stick gator up.
    You should now be able to get your hand in behind the heater controls and make sure the connections feel tight.
    Should save you stripping down the whole dash.

I was doing it a different way, pushing the leather down, then lifting up the whole console, then disconnecting the cable. I couldn't believe how easy it was to take out the radio and other pieces to install a car kit.

That will work too. Only posted that as I didnt want you to take the whole thing apart.
    If you put in the car kit I would bet you a pound to a penny it will be a loose connection.
    Post back and let us know how you get on.

Will do, my little 1 has only just gone to sleep now so I won't be going rooting at it tonight, in fact I might hold tough until the new car kit arrives near the end of the week. Which reminds me, better go looking for ISO connectors for the Parrot now

I have the Parrott MKi9200 in mine. Everything needed was in the box.
    By the way is yours petrol or diesel?

Exactly the same as I bought, good to know I don't need anything else, thanks again.

It's a petrol

Lovely hurling. One thing you might find that sometimes toyota have the wiring backwards. There is a power cable that works ony when the ignition is on and one that is always on. These were backward on my car (wires the wrong colour) when I fitted the wireing. Not a big deal but took some time to figure it out.

Thanks for that, will keep an eye out for it

If you have a smartphone take a few snaps and post them on the today I did something to my car thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056991213). Lads here would like to see that.

I installed the new phone kit yesterday phone kit worked a treat and of course I was more interested in that than checking the air con. 6 hours in the car later I was able to check, there was a loose cable at the back, re-seated that and everything is working fine now again.

In case you are wondering, if that cable isn't working the heat in the car is set to all vents open and a medium heat, my car was like a sauna for a lot of today.

• Advertisement

Glad to hear you are sorted, Clareman.
    Just out of interest does the pocket beside your handbrake open and close when it should?

Glad to hear you are sorted, Clareman.
    Just out of interest does the pocket beside your handbrake open and close when it should?

Yup it does, but the Avensis I had before this 1 (a 04) didn't, I mentioned it to the main dealers when I was getting a service and they replaced it for free, there might be a known issue it it. I'm constantly toying with the idea of changing the central unit to 1 with a cover on it/arm rest.

nice
    I fixed mine myself with a touch latch

Advertisement